Crossroads

archimage_a

Typically any action you post that hasn't already been rolled on (like finding a nearby water source, or walking back to the town from just outside of the town).

But I don't keep an exact track of how often I roll, so in the session make a note and find out =P

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll attend, But... One person session is lonely..

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

You imply only 3 people play this game :S

There's still

Nex

Me

Ross

Mather (Potentially)

Paul

Which is still a lot of people.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Righto. I have been writing an essay all day, so sorry if people needed me :oops:

Anyway:

/Join #Inn

/Join #Grimmfell tavern

/Join #Inquistor tavern

/Join #Elsewhere tavern

After much effort, the adventure was finally resolved =P

Everyone recieves 600 xp.

Anyway, if people enjoyed the new system please post, if they weren't sure because they didn't play/whatever then please post that, and if you played and didn't like it please post that.

You didn't even try to do anything, Lei. You quit because you were too lazy to keep up in our conversation on strategy, which we would've been doing anyways.

I am quite content with this new system. My only concern, though I understand it was a severe instance, is that we barely survived that set of encounters.

Beyond that, I would inquire: A) How much exp does my trading-in of Distort Vision net, B) How much does it cost to heal Insanity/Corruption, and C) Are we working with perma-death mechanics?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Beyond that, I would inquire: A) How much exp does my trading-in of Distort Vision net, B) How much does it cost to heal Insanity/Corruption, and C) Are we working with perma-death mechanics?

A) 200 I believe.

B) 100 XP per point, or:

BAPtISm

The character is bathed in sacred waters and anointed with

holy incense and/or oils. This symbolic purifi cation of the

body and spirit allows the character to reduce his next gain

of Corruption Points by 1.

confeSSIon

The character spends time with a Ministorum clergy, divulging

his sins (both real and imagined) in a private conference. The

clergy will then assign a proper penance (such as monetary

fi nes, recitations of prayers, public services, or even corporal

mortifi cation). Once this is complete, the character has

reaffi rmed his faith in the God-Emperor, allowing him to

reduce his next gain of Insanity Points by 1.

Baptism:

Costs: 15 Shillings

Material Cost: 1 Shilling

Difficulty: Easy (+30)

Confession:

Costs: 7 Shillings, 10 Pennies

Material Cost: 1 Shilling

Difficulty: Easy (+30)

Both based on Holy Magic or similar.

(Read Blood of Martyrs for more details)

Death...

As was discovered during the session 0HP is not death...but the first step on the path to death, with the penalties ranging from the minor(Fatigue) to the sever(losing arms and such).

However, if you reach death death you would have to burn a fate point to come back.

Similarly terminal insanity/excessive corruption/being sucked into the warp(from use of extreme powers)/ect leads to permadeath without fate restores. (Unless you want to become the villian)

Alternatively you can die and come back at the base XP (Which is 1,850 at the moment...1,250 + 600)

My only concern, though I understand it was a severe instance, is that we barely survived that set of encounters.

Its more exciting that way =P

As a general rule your common enemies will need to hit you twice to reduce you to 0hp and 3-4 times to kill you...and I will not let stuff kill you in 1 hit (Excepting in the 'I step into the portal of doom cause you won't kill me in 1 hit so I can step out again, trollolololollol')

It was considerably more fun, and thrilling, having people struggle in mortal combat, than killing wave after wave of mooks, or spending several rounds fighting an unkillable monster.

Also...quite importantly...No one was wearing armour, and Armour Points were applied hapharzardly. I suppose this will diminish as more sessions are played and become grow accustomed to it.

Oh, also, if people feel that another person strongly deserves a fate point as reward for their actions, please say. 1 point will be award per session.

Mask was pretty cool with his rolls, and you burning one of your GM-infinite fate points so that he clocked the King with his spear... I thought I did pretty well burninating the Demon and staying in character...

But Ross decapitating it, walking over to the throne and Kinging himself was great. I'd like to hear other votes if anyone has them.

And I suppose Gerund burns through all but 100 of his exp ridding himself of Insanity. Incorruptible as he strives to be, Gerund will be spending available exp removing any acquired Insanity/Corruption before other purchases. Should be an interesting handicap to work with, and I'd like to undergo a Baptism and Confession at each point of rest where I have access to such services, assuming the last one was used up.

A final issue; obviously, my arm needs repairs. I don't suppose you have any insight into the matter you'd be willing to give, o illustrious GM?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I'm willing to try the system one last time. Just not with everyone on the same damn quest. Either I work alone and do something more to my skills, or work together with one or two other people.

Oh, btw, I have a +10 charm, so my plan might've worked.

I'm willing to try the system one last time. Just not with everyone on the same damn quest. Either I work alone and do something more to my skills, or work together with one or two other people.

Oh, btw, I have a +10 charm, so my plan might've worked.

For all intents and purposes, I think he would've been Chem Gelded anyways.

This quest was he biggest cooperative effort we've had yet, I for one thought it was great, but if you want more solo quests that should be possible now that we're not all trapped in this one small area.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I liked it, it was crazy fun. I got incredibly lucky with my rolls there.. Also.. I have no idea how to pick new skills oe what have you. Or what to do with EXP.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

I liked it, it was crazy fun. I got incredibly lucky with my rolls there.. Also.. I have no idea how to pick new skills oe what have you. Or what to do with EXP.

Ok, Talents:

If you are unsure if you meet the pre-requistes then please ask. For XP cost...There is no hard and fast way to work it out. I will go through in a minute and give provisional XP costs, though if the talent is amazingly relevant to your character then it would be discounted.

[hide]

Talents2.png

[/hide]

Skills:

[hide]

Skills%20List.png

[/hide]

Much harder and much faster in terms of XP requirements.

100 XP for training AND a good reason as to how you came trained (For instance, if you wanted to learn how to speak Demonic then you would need to find a demon or some such...you can't just 'I learned it')

200 XP for +10, again, a good reason why you are better at it (More leeway, 'I was practicing really hard' is normally good enough. For knowledge and stuff though you will need something to learn from)

300 XP for +20, and a good reason.

500 XP for +30, if you reach this point we can assume you don't need a good reason any more =p

As ever, be sensible with both =P the Pilot skill is not helpful =P

Would Fearless work for Reigan? He's practically a beserker.. And quick draw, since he uses shields, right on his arms, so..

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Cool. I'll take those and look into skills then.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Relax Nefer.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Due to highly foreseen circumstances (It being Mum's Birthday, and she being 40 something, it has been foreseen for 40 odd years =P) there will be no session on Saturday.

If people can make a Sunday session then that should still be possible. Please post as to whether you can make it or if you would prefer to hold the next session over to the following saturday.

I am free all of next week as well (as it is easter break) so I would be amenable to another day, but its more complicated to organise.

Sunday and other days are probably good for me. So long as you stay sane, and we get to play this awesome game. =D

Also, as I finish up my character sheet, I would inquire of the mod... For exemplary roleplaying Nexitude last session, would the mod grant me 5 extra exp points? The extraneous '45' is bugging me, and with that (and your permission) I would be able to get Swift Attack. =P

RIP Dawngate ;-;