Crossroads

archimage_a

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's mostly just the fact that I can't make many sessions anymore. I might be an in and out player but I'd get lost and confused and take up time that you guys could be playing in by explaining what's happened to me. So I'm just making it more fun for you guys. Also, sounds like a good system Archi.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Actually.. I may drop into sessions from time to time, just to see how it's going. I wouldn't be a regular because my schedule is too messed up for that, but I can play. I'd have to take it slow and be briefed each time though so if no-one wants to take the time and do so, I'll probably blunder through whatever we're doing and ruin something.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

How players see the GM:

[hide]

DayOfReckoning.jpg

[/hide]

How the GM sees the players:

[hide]

BrashnardsSphere.jpg

[/hide]

Anyway, Three Questions:

Is anyone going to drop out as a result of adopting the new system? (Primarily so I don't have to gen up a character)

Does anyone want me NOT to do their character for them? (I am happy to do the basic stuff)

Are people happy to play one session with the new system, to try it out, before giving their predilections of doom? (If the new system goes horribly I am willing to revert to the old system again.)

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

-flaps arms wildly- Archiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!! That's soooooooo confuuuuuusssssiiiinnnnnnnnggggggggg!!!!!!! I'm to simple minded to understand annnnnyyyyy of thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Besides, I've never played Dark Heresy, AND most of my skill actions don't even get XP because of their simplicity. Plus, I dont do the whole buy specifications crap anyway. My character doesn't need much, in case you haven't notice (mosty self sufficient person, mostly self sufficient character)

(XP? Who needs XP when you're trying to play similarly to another game that doesn't have XP?)

This is me: find items to trade, trade items for something I need. Enemy attack, I attack. That's all.

Can I just be the one character that follows the old rules since they work for me?

I'll stay in Arch, and I would love it if you could gen up a character. I'm not good with these systems, so it'll take a bit to figure it out.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

-flaps arms wildly- Archiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!! That's soooooooo confuuuuuusssssiiiinnnnnnnnggggggggg!!!!!!! I'm to simple minded to understand annnnnyyyyy of thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Besides, I've never played Dark Heresy, AND most of my skill actions don't even get XP because of their simplicity. Plus, I dont do the whole buy specifications crap anyway. My character doesn't need much, in case you haven't notice (mosty self sufficient person, mostly self sufficient character)

(XP? Who needs XP when you're trying to play similarly to another game that doesn't have XP?)

This is me: find items to trade, trade items for something I need. Enemy attack, I attack. That's all.

Can I just be the one character that follows the old rules since they work for me?

Statistics are just there to help you, you don't have to remember all of them or understand them all to use one or two :grin:

I am perfectly happy to help you through genning a character if you want.

Yeah, [bleep] Dark Heresy, if we switch system, I'm out!

Much as I don't want to lose you I am going to try it, and if people aren't even willing to try an alternate system then I am going to simply shut down the game and start a new one.

I don't mind if we try it, it turns into an abysmal failure and I have to apologise profusely, as long as it is tried and people give it a fair chance.

I'll stay in Arch, and I would love it if you could gen up a character. I'm not good with these systems, so it'll take a bit to figure it out.

Right, ok then:

1.3 Shield Combat = Trained in Shields (Ag), +30xp

1.7 Construction = Trained in Trade (Construction) (Ag), +70xp

4.0 Foraging = Trained in Survival, (Int) +300xp

7.9 Mining = Extra Trained in Trade (Mining) (S), +290xp

2.0 Duplomancy = Trained in Magi-Craft (Duplication) (Int), +100xp

So, from that, I would imagine you wanted a character with high Agility, Intelligence and Strength.

Rolled:

So I will say:

Group 1:

20 in Agility (Using the two 10s)

15 in Intelligence (Using 8 and 7)

15 in Strength (Using 10 and 5)

Group 2:

10 in Fellowship (Using 6 and 4)

9 in Weapon Skill (Using 7 and 2)

10 in Toughness (Using 6 and 4)

Group 3:

9 in Willpower (Using 3 and 6)

6 in Perception (Using 1 and 5)

2 in Ballistics (Using the two 1s)

Then +20 to all of them.

For wounds rolled a 10, so 10+10+3(From Toughness), so 23.

1,250+790=2,040xp to spend.

I would say...

+5 to Agility, Strength and Intelligence for 300xp total. (300)

+5 again to Agility for 250xp. (550)

Ambidexterous for 200xp. (750)

Combat Master for 100xp (850)

Hatred (Religious) for 100xp (950)

Litany of Hate for 200xp (1150)

Double Advanced Melee Weapons Training for 100+200+200xp (1650)

Rapid Reactions for 200xp (1850)

Resistance (Magic) for 100 (1950)

So your character sheet would look something like this:

Earth%20Character%20sheet.png

(While the XP Earned and Spent are filled in here, it is probably a better idea(if you are printing it off) to remove those scores and pencil them in =P)

As you can see the sheet is not overly complex and the system is very straight forwards.

So please, please, please, give it a shot.

Archi?.. You mispelled Forging.. I'm not a gatherer, I'm a smith..

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

If you could roll up my character...? :3

Hatred (Demonic Forces), Knowledge (Arcane), and some stuff reflecting my proficiency as a Soulcrafter and that crystalline arm of mine. Preference for Intelligence and Willpower, with Weapon Skill and Agility following.

Maybe Soulcraft should function in a similar manner to Psionics? I'm not sure how you're going to work this stuff, so it's up to you of course. :P

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Archi?.. You mispelled Forging.. I'm not a gatherer, I'm a smith..

Whoops :oops:

Ok, I will fix that.

And I will roll up other people's characters in a little while...Just gotta finish my 100% Readiness ME3 game.

It's fine archi. Just a perfect example of why we're switching to this system I suppose. It's difficult to keep track of EVERYTHING when you're the only one keeping track.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Huh. That's a lot of skills I got apparently. ... Guess I got lucky. Thanks Archi.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Can someone teach me how to read my character sheet?

Learn English

Put on reading glasses

???

Profit!

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I assume you understand the Talents part...and the Character Sidebar (With your name, XP, ect).

So the Characteristics and Skills part?

Characteristics are what you want to roll lower than on a d100.

Skills are the things you roll at your characteristic (So Search is rolled at 30).

Stuff that you don't have as skills, like, say, Awareness, is rolled at half your characteristics (So 15)

Stuff with +10 is your characteristic +10 (so Survival is 45, instead of 35)

The skills themselves are fairly self explanatory.

You don't HAVE to, but it would help =)

The two numbers are:

10s and digits.

The 10s are important because they are your modifer (Aka 50=modifer of 5) so if I ask for your Agility Modifer it is 3, because your Agility Characteristic is 34.

The digits are important for normal rolls, because 34 is higher than 30 =)