Crossroads

archimage_a

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took some talents from The Radicals Handbook.

Does Power of the Warp stack with existing psy rating, or in my case magic rating?

And since I'm already semi-demonic, what happens if when I hit 100 corruption?

Does Power of the Warp stack with existing psy rating, or in my case magic rating?

Replaces

And since I'm already semi-demonic, what happens if when I hit 100 corruption?

The nugget of Demonic life sprouts into its full form and you are:

If you roll lower than 10 - Transported to the nether regions of Hell where you body and mind serves as sustance for the demonhost as it grows and learns.

If you roll higher than 11 - The demonspawn seizes control of your body and you are left in a tiny sealed cell inside your own mind, watching as the Demonspawn goes about its wicked business.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

I'm all good. I'm just gonna save looking at skills for latter.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Hey Archi, session today?

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

As posted last Tuesday (Or Wednesday for Europeans):

Due to highly foreseen circumstances (It being Mum's Birthday, and she being 40 something, it has been foreseen for 40 odd years =P) there will be no session on Saturday.

If people can make a Sunday session then that should still be possible. Please post as to whether you can make it or if you would prefer to hold the next session over to the following saturday.

I am free all of next week as well (as it is easter break) so I would be amenable to another day, but its more complicated to organise.

I totally forgot. I shoulda checked the Back Room. Apologies.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

So yeah. Session should be beginning in around 2 hours.

I am just gonna host #Inn, since people need to decide if they are carrying on to Pendal, or if they are turning around and doing something else.

So yeah. Session should be beginning in around 2 hours.

I am just gonna host #Inn, since people need to decide if they are carrying on to Pendal, or if they are turning around and doing something else.

Can you please generate a character for me, I don't understand it.

qTLQRuS.png

Durric Woldborne

Barber

40 Fellowship

37 Weapon Skill

36 Perception

36 Toughness

29 Intelligence

29 Strength

29 Agility

27 Ballistics

26 Willpower

Trade +20 (Barber) (Fel) 850 (850)

Peer (Barber's Guild) 100 (950)

Blather (Fel) +10 350 (1,300)

Hightened Senses (Sight) 200 (1,500)

Decadence 100 (1,600)

Light Sleeper 100 (1,700)

Resistance (cold) 100 (1,800)

Remaining XP: 50

XP Spent: 1,800

XP Earned: 1,850

23 Wounds

Let me know if you need anything else.

Oh, for last session everyone got 80xp.

Tonights session is starting in about two hours, however I will be available for questions for the next two hours.

General Chat:

/join Inn

People in Pendle:

/join Path_of_Wizards tavern

NB: At the end of the last round there was a whooshing sound and the Witches disappeared.

People in Lightgate:

/join Path_of_Monks tavern

NB: You have come to a round table. It appears someone was in the middle of eating a meal of mushroom bread...it looks as unappetising as possible. A pewter goblet appears to have been knocked over, and red wine is seaping into the table. There are a number of silver coins lying about the ground. There are a number of papers burning in the fire.

THAT WAS AWESOME

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

=)

200 XP for everyone.

Stork and Ico, can you arrange some other time for your sessions. I don't mind you missing the odd one, and I understand that you have other demands on your time, but can you please organise.

Thanks.

Looks like I'm not the only Demonslayer around here anymore. But that's not entirely disappointing. =P

Thanks as always for the session, Archi.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Yeah. Killing a fire demon like a boss. Only lost one clone.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Has anyone made progress on the Safe Puzzle? I'm having trouble with the values of the tiles directly to the left and right of X.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12603519/The%20First.png

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Session Senryaku!

tumblr_ls2nyvYoOo1qcis34.jpg

No, but really, session today right? Will we find the safe? :D

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Why do you have to use that again? Seriously..

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

[spoiler=Mask tells a story]

"Right, here's one that they tell up north...

So, long ago, before we were united as one country, there was a king of a small nation. He was a good man, he always thought of his subjects first, and the people loved him. One day, he went out hunting in the woods around his castle, and he came across a woman caring for an injured owl. As you might have guessed, he fell in love with her, and they were quite happy for a time. When he was ruling the kingdom, she would be out in the woods.

Years later, the kingdom was growing, and the king had to use the woods that his wife loved so much to support it. After the first tree fell, the two fought, and eventually she ran away. He searched for years for her, and in his grief he turned to a demon to aid him. In a moment of weakness, he promised his soul, and the souls of his subjects for a chance to see her again. Contracts were signed, and the demon led him to a small cabin in the heart of the woods. He found the woman, apologized, and the two embraced.

Her body then began to disintegrate, leaving only a skeleton wrapped in a white dress, and the demon appeared beside them. "I agreed to give you one last meeting with her" He growled, "Now you are mine". The king let her body fall, and realized that he still held a finger bone. The demon possessed him, and he returned to the castle. From there, he used dark magic to enslave the entire village, preventing anyone from leaving and preserving them in time. The demon's influence caused the forest to die, but a small area near the cabin was perfectly preserved. Rumors of travelers being attacked by a half-owl man before being saved by a ghostly woman in white in the heart of the forest began to emerge, but most thought they were just stories told by drunken travelers.

Three hundred years later, a group of travelers found their way into the forest. One was a skilled knight, one a professional demon slayer, two were mages, one focused on creation magic, the other on destruction, and the fifth was a craftsman. They wandered through the woods and spent the night, before being attacked by a giant owl. After it fled, they stumbled on to the cabin in the woods. There they found the woman's grave, guarded by the half-owl creature. The creature almost killed them before the woman's ghost stopped it. All but the creation mage fled. He instead chose to create new plants around the building, and he restored her grave. He then left the cabin and used magic to turn himself into a giant tree, completing his work. Legends say that the tree is still there, marked with a serene face. Legends also say that it guards a magic emerald and untold magical knowledge, so I wouldn't take them too seriously.

The other four eventually stumbled on to the village, where an old hermit told them most of this tale. They, being the kind of noble adventurer-types that get stories written about them, accepted the responsibility to free the villagers, and stormed the castle. They fought hundreds of the king's soulless monsters before reaching his throne room, where they fought the king himself. The mage dealt with what little remained of the king's guards while the knight fought him over the throne. The smith and the demon hunter explored the castle, and found the hearts of every villager encased in jars.

The king was eventually defeated, and he fled to the center of his castle, where he kept the hearts. There, the demon appeared and killed him, and then fought the demon slayer. As the demon slayer struck it with his magic sword, it exploded, and all of the hearts began to burst into flame, freeing the villagers from their prison. They then took the woman's fingerbone and returned it to her body.

That's it.

Accurate? No, but that's not the point.

For the attention of Nex:

[hide]

Subject: Re: Question

« Date: Apr 16th, 2012, 8:32pm » I would say that any effects of corruption are permanent; even the ones that affect characteristics. Otherwise, where's the fun in Corruption?

[/hide]

Excellent story Mask :thumbsup:

I particularly liked the creation mage who became a tree.

People should be advised that next session is Sunday NOT Saturday, owing to temporal clashes.

If this is a major problem for people then please let me know.

Oh, and 80xp per person.