Crossroads

archimage_a

He was also the one who decided to attack a god because it looked intimidating.

And as for my nuke, I knew it was going to work, and guess what? It did. Took out a bunch of enemies, as well as whatever kept generating them, almost killed me (it was intended as a suicide attack, so this actually went better than planned), knocked out the others and lit up the forest like a thousand brown flood lights, leaving a huge clearing with burned ground.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay I didn't know that. But Archi, is all of that accurate to your way of thinking?

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

All of what accurate?

Mather is not entirely incapable of negotiation, nor is he incapable of thought...I doubt that anyone is...

Ross made mistakes as well as everyone else, thats not really an issue, since if we lay all the blame at Ross' door then we must also lay all the credit there as well.

For creating the exploding crystal....Mather extrapolated from what had happened several times before, which I can respect (I would have prefered an in-bracket explaination but still)

The actual explodingness of it was the result of a 20, 1 and another 20, then winning on a higher or lower test.

As to the 'good' ness of it...Yes and no. On the one hand it ended the encounter, on the other it destroyed the body they were trying to investigate, on the other it was fairly awesome, on the forth hand running away could have achieved much the same thing without all the negatives.

I am not massively against Mather's play style, not anyone's play style, except in small amounts. I am more against the absence of a playstyle, or a playstyle that more or less abandons interaction in favour of trying to 'end' the game.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Thanks Arch. I'm just worried, whenever one person takes over the "Brains" Department of the group, something terrible happens.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Usually when I have that position, the "something terrible" is the result of you and/or Nex [bleep]ing my shit up on purpose because you don't trust me.

Mostly due to your infuriating hubris, and a complete disregard for the concept of scientific method.

Also multi-hour long arguments with the GM, trying to disprove the laws of physics, does not better anyone's opinions of your intelligence.

It's not that we don't trust you, it's that we trust you to make stupid decisions, as per usual.

Also, moral center my third eye.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I have rarely, if ever, purposefully [bleep]ed up your plans. It may be that the fact that my actions contain logic in their making that causes them to screw up said plans. Really. I have to agree with Nex here.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

I have rarely, if ever, purposefully [bleep]ed up your plans. It may be that the fact that my actions contain logic in their making that causes them to screw up said plans. Really. I have to agree with Nex here.

Not my plans, my actual stuff that I have already made, like my whole room in one of the Space games.

Mostly due to your infuriating hubris, and a complete disregard for the concept of scientific method.

Also multi-hour long arguments with the GM, trying to disprove the laws of physics, does not better anyone's opinions of your intelligence.

It's not that we don't trust you, it's that we trust you to make stupid decisions, as per usual.

Also, moral center my third eye.

Tell me when have you ever trusted anyone's decision but your own, Dusty's, Ross' and Earth's?

The ONLY reason anything I have done has ever really gone to shit is because either you or Earth decided to stop me, regardless of whether I was making a multi-purpose suit, protecting my own room or hacking the enemy ship. Only thing I have ever done that had a bad effect on its own cost us next to nothing.

And yes, moral center. Because you know soul magic isn't inherently evil, and most certainly is not when you only use it to to collect one extra resource from the animals you hunt. Stealing for the sake of being an [wagon] (such as with the shepherd's hat) however is at the very least a sign of poor morals.

Now since I'm not inherently evil, what good have I done? Just in the last four sessions I have given a murder victim a proper grave, returned the stuff a guy left behind even after he tried to stab me in the eye, saved your asses by risking my own life, put a tomb back in shape after you just left. And yet you dare insinuate I have no morals? I suggest you take a good look at yourself then.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Mather, You had either pissed me off or were doing something stupid. Something with the ship and a robot. But space is over, so get over it. Also, again, I have rarely [bleep]ed with your stuff unless it was proven stupid, which most of the time by the time I got there to do something about it it was. Also, I'm preventing the mass enslavement of humanity, bub. Moral center right here.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

If the gods get control of humanity, they'll stamp out magic from them entirely. I think thats a bigger problem.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

You guys realise that the game allows for splitting the party in case of arguments like this, right? If Mather is really that upset and thinks he can do the job better on his own, then by all means let him try.

Also, was my character temporarily banished from time and space for tuesdays session, or do I also take penalties for dying?

Mask simply took your place in the attack.

If the gods get control of humanity, they'll stamp out magic from them entirely. I think thats a bigger problem.

Owl Cloak indicates otherwise. He seems perfectly okay with magic, if not even supportive of it since his would-be lover gave me an enchanted gem.

I'd rather believe the gods are split on the subject. Such as is bound to happen in any group. And helping Owl Cloak regain his full mental capacity is something that is bound to tilt the more indifferent ones more to the favor of humans keeping it.

I can actually only think of two possible gods other than "God" that might be against humans having magic, if only barely and so for selfish reasons. And that would be Jen and the thunder super-demon I created if they managed to somehow reach that tier.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Not sure how levels would factor in to decision making... If anything, it means that the higher level characters are more likely to do something dangerous and/or stupid, simply because they have the power to. :twss:

Aren't you the highest level character?

Mather, The gods hate magic because either using it weakens them or it can be used to great effect against them. It's what's trapped their children, all of the children, into spherical, metalic deathtraps for the last few centuries. I don't think they like it at all... ... And Owl Cloak is probably too off his rocker to remember this stuff and so is like "Party on little dudes" In his little crazy world.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Aren't you the highest level character?

...Maybe :-P

If I am, I either have it in skills with limited uses (I can kill some things with fire or stabbing and heal the rest) or I don't use them to their full potential (Whether due to a lack of creativity or wanting to avoid doing something stupid and dangerous).

Metagame:

I would point out that there are tiers of God. Owl Cloak is an old, local, 'God/spirit', so is less liable to have been involved with the other plot.

Kinda similar to a guy living in a town and a guy living in a cave...Its unlikely the guy in the cave is part of the conspiracy in the town =P

Mather, The gods hate magic because either using it weakens them or it can be used to great effect against them. It's what's trapped their children, all of the children, into spherical, metalic deathtraps for the last few centuries. I don't think they like it at all... ... And Owl Cloak is probably too off his rocker to remember this stuff and so is like "Party on little dudes" In his little crazy world.

Pretty sure it's more of the "So they're playing gods? Smite them!" ideology, which only really happens with vain gods. As for the demigods, remember that in most mythologies, only one god ever decides to sleep with human women, and in even more of them, the resulting offspring is usually so twisted that the gods too want them dead.

There's Greek mythology, where we have Zeus sleeping with a bunch of women while in different animal shapes. Sure when he was a swan, he only created the geminii, but when he was a bull, he created the minotaur, and the rest of the time the result ended as Titans.

Then there's Norse mythology, where it's pretty much everyone sleeps with everyone, the offspring end up as monsters, humans, dwarves and gods at random, then everyone kills everyone.

For example Loki got three children, one evil, one good who killed the evil one and bound Loki to a rock with his guts, and Jörmungandr, the Midgard Serpent. He got all three with the same wife.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I can't say for the motives but damn no. If you were a poweful god thing would you like your power usurped or weakend? No.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

There's nothing indicating that magic can actually kill gods, nor that it weakens them, in fact Owl Cloak was immune to our magic so I think that's a strong indicator to the opposite. It's more likely to be like the tale of the tower of Babylon; the vain gods are enraged by the fact that people have gotten the means with which to achieve their goals without having to worship them.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

It's more likely to be like the tale of the tower of Babylon; the vain gods are enraged by the fact that people have gotten the means with which to achieve their goals without having to worship them.

Isn't that story about hubris? The gods (Or God) punished men for trying to become/make themselves equal to the gods.