Alienware Graphics

vleademir

I just recently tried running my Alienware laptop again, and it runs pretty well although on runescape i can't play on hi def. The computer has a NVIDIA GeForce GO 7900 GS graphics card in it. I don't know what to do. It says I only have 512 MB of graphics memory which I thought may be it, but I don't know how to increase it or why it is that low. Also, all of the sudden it is saying that my version of windows is not genuine? I don't know why it says that. A mate of mine says its most likely a software problem so any advice or suggestions on what to do would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

~Vleademir

EDIT: I'ts running Windows Vista by the way.

Vlead.png

Do you still have the cd key for Windows Vista? Or is it a version that came with the laptop, or it's a cracked Vista? First thing I'd say is to update all the drivers if you're running it now and that you haven't run it in a long time, it will correct possible bugs with vista.

As for the RAM on the graphics card, you can't increase it, but it is not necessary to increase it. Also many computers are having issues playing the game with one of the last updates, so it is likely that you are having the same issue, that is actually on Jagex's side, not yours.

many computers are having issues playing the game with one of the last updates, so it is likely that you are having the same issue, that is actually on Jagex's side, not yours.

I just want to mention that I have the exact same gfx card in my laptop and have no problems running on HD w/ AA on x4. So I'm not really sure that the issue is entirely on Jagex's end.

hzvjpwS.gif