Laptop for a friend

HexiledRazz

My friend is looking for a laptop around the 250 - $300 range. He spends most of his time on the computer on RS, YouTube, Facebook, and listening to music. Quite often at the same time.

I'm the one he's going to go shopping with for it. Since i helped my parents and my sister pick out their laptops, and they're nice. Could do everything he needs, but the thing is that they had bigger budgets. Around 400 - $450.

Could he get a laptop that could multitask with all those tasks? Or should i tell him to hold off and save a bit more?

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

You could look for refurbished notebooks too. I have a friend that got a refurbished for $200 and it's stronger than my 4 year old $1300 laptop. Although the prices wen't down as much in those 4 years I guess. The only difference is his laptop didn't have a dedicated graphics card.

$250 is netbook range, you're looking at at least $350 for a full notebook. I'd tell him to save for a bit, or maybe look for something used. I've used a netbook for RS, and it can run safe mode, but not with much else going on in the background.

I have to agree with you ItsASpork.

HexiledRazz, I think your friend should try and save another couple hundred dollars at the very least and then look. I'd say for what he wants he should be looking around the $500-600 range, which I know is almost double his current budget but instead of settling now for something he'll have to update in a year, he might as well take the time and save so he can purchase something that will last them a minimum of 2 years.

A Dell Outlet laptop is probably the best in that price range. Not exactly the best built things but for the price you're not going to get much better. Or just search around for a generic 2nd gen i3 laptop, will handle RS, Youtube, etc perfectly.

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.