[Video] Herb Farming Guide 2012

ScapeSkill

Good video, that's actually the path that I use. :)

A couple questions:

Why are you using supercompost instead of fertile soil? It's nice magic xp and it saves inventory spots.

More importantly, why are you using camelot tab when you are on lunars?

A couple of tips:

Since you have teleport to Trollheim unlocked, you might want to mention something about remote farm. You might also want to mention the greenfinger's aura as well, since it gives a nice little boost. Also, there is no way that you can consistently farm herbs in 70 minutes.

Kind of nitpicky, but you can teleport to cabbage patch straight after ardougne, since the leprechaun is usually farthest away there; you'll be passing by the one at cabbage patch anyway.

Lastly, you mentioned that you average 50 herbs per run.. that is pretty high. Are you actually logging your runs? Granted, you might be using remote farm, which would definitely bump up your average.

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

Good video, that's actually the path that I use. :)

A couple questions:

Why are you using supercompost instead of fertile soil? It's nice magic xp and it saves inventory spots.

More importantly, why are you using camelot tab when you are on lunars?

A couple of tips:

Since you have teleport to Trollheim unlocked, you might want to mention something about remote farm. You might also want to mention the greenfinger's aura as well, since it gives a nice little boost. Also, there is no way that you can consistently farm herbs in 70 minutes.

Kind of nitpicky, but you can teleport to cabbage patch straight after ardougne, since the leprechaun is usually farthest away there; you'll be passing by the one at cabbage patch anyway.

Lastly, you mentioned that you average 50 herbs per run.. that is pretty high. Are you actually logging your runs? Granted, you might be using remote farm, which would definitely bump up your average.

Supercompost is cheaper and doesn't give magic xp, therefore it's better. It's also less of a pain in the ass, since you don't have to switch between a staff and secateurs.

^ What he said haha, and Yes.. with juju pots I can easily obtain 50 herbs and more! :P Thanks for the feedback, i'll tale that into consideration.

I don't quite think you understand what I said. I know very well that you can obtain more than 50 herbs per run; that doesn't mean that you are going to average that. Most people tend to overestimate things like this, so I'm curious if you have any hard data to back up your claims.

Also, you brought up some good points that I didn't consider, Hedgehog. 2 gp/xp for magic experience and having to switch to a staff is not nearly worth the cost or the effort. And it's also quite easy to forget to cast it, since you have empty buckets as proof that you supercomp'd!

Mea culpa.

2435/2475

• 2 weeks later...

^ What he said haha, and Yes.. with juju pots I can easily obtain 50 herbs and more! :P Thanks for the feedback, i'll tale that into consideration.

I don't quite think you understand what I said. I know very well that you can obtain more than 50 herbs per run; that doesn't mean that you are going to average that. Most people tend to overestimate things like this, so I'm curious if you have any hard data to back up your claims.

Also, you brought up some good points that I didn't consider, Hedgehog. 2 gp/xp for magic experience and having to switch to a staff is not nearly worth the cost or the effort. And it's also quite easy to forget to cast it, since you have empty buckets as proof that you supercomp'd!

Mea culpa.

I have been keeping a spreadsheet of how many herbs I get per patch to try to better increase my profits. With magic secateurs and juju farming pots (no greenfingers aura), I was averaging 9.52 herbs/patch (or 47.6 herbs/patch) even when you factor in patch deaths, with 165 patches documented so far. If you added even the lowest tier greenfingers, you'd get 49.02 herbs per run. Given the low sample size, 50 herbs/run consistently isn't unlikely at all.

Iceland is in the north Atlantic. Its capital is Reykjavik. What is the punchline of this joke?

165 patches is not nearly a large enough sample size; you are just having good luck. The data can be further skewed if you are curing your plants, which is not usually taken into consideration unless you have remote farm.

At the moment, no one has yet presented me with data that shows greenfinger t2 boosts harvest by 5%, so I tend to think that the description is incorrect.

2435/2475

165 patches is more than enough to account for lucky harvests (And I don't cure). It is not ideal, obviously, but the true mean will be within a few herbs of what I found. Every other aura that follows a 3%/5%/7% patterns is correct, why would greenfingers be different? I'm not trying to start a flame war, I'm just curious why you don't believe that it's 5% (or 3 or 7 for that matter).

Iceland is in the north Atlantic. Its capital is Reykjavik. What is the punchline of this joke?

It's generally accepted that 45 herbs/run is the average. I have quite a large sample size of my own that supports this.

As for greenfingers, myself and another member of these forums have logged over 1k seeds with greenfingers and are not getting anywhere close to 5%. It's actually at 3.2% currently. Now that's pretty significant.

So that's why I don't think it's 5%. Yes, it could just be terrible luck and it isn't a very large sample size (compared to most), but I don't think it can be ignored. It's pretty interesting stuff, really.

2435/2475

Okay, I did not know you had any data on greenfingers. I've come to assume the worst of people on the internet; too many people argumentative for the sake of argument. Also, it was pointed out to me that herb harvests may not be normally distributed, throwing a wrench in my analysis. Sorry to sound so contrarian.

Also, for my own future sake, do you know if herbs/patch are normally distributed?

Okay, I did not know you had any data on greenfingers. I've come to assume the worst of people on the internet; too many people argumentative for the sake of argument. Also, it was pointed out to me that herb harvests may not be normally distributed, throwing a wrench in my analysis. Sorry to sound so contrarian.

Also, for my own future sake, do you know if herbs/patch are normally distributed?

No need to apologize at all. I'll link you to some stuff that you should find interesting:

My logs

My calculator, which is based on my logs

Greenfinger Data

Farming Distribution

2435/2475

It's generally accepted that 45 herbs/run is the average. I have quite a large sample size of my own that supports this.

As for greenfingers, myself and another member of these forums have logged over 1k seeds with greenfingers and are not getting anywhere close to 5%. It's actually at 3.2% currently. Now that's pretty significant.

So that's why I don't think it's 5%. Yes, it could just be terrible luck and it isn't a very large sample size (compared to most), but I don't think it can be ignored. It's pretty interesting stuff, really.

my log of 2000+ seeds, and experience with greenfingers supports this. Although its interesting that the other skilling auras are a higher then expected increase due to how they work, while greenfingers is lower...

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png