Mexican military conflict with US Police

singblade

Sorry if this has been posted before, I did a quick search and found nothing.

Mexican soldiers and civilian smugglers had an armed standoff with nearly 30 U.S. law enforcement officials on the Rio Grande in Texas Monday afternoon, according to Texas police and the FBI.

Full article here: http://www.dailybulletin.com/ci_3430815

Another discussion about this on another forum: http://www.cad-forums.com/showthread.php?t=51576

I personally think this is ridiculous. More than a literal ton(US version) of drugs being taken into the US across the US/Mexico border by Humvees armed with machine guns.

Mexican military Humvees were towing what appeared to be thousands of pounds of marijuana across the border into the United States, said Chief Deputy Mike Doyal, of the Hudspeth County Sheriff's Department.

Mexican Army troops had several mounted machine guns on the ground more than 200 yards inside the U.S. border -- near Neely's Crossing, about 50 miles east of El Paso -- when Border Patrol agents called for backup. Hudspeth County deputies and Texas Highway patrol officers arrived shortly afterward, Doyal said.

Comments? Read the article, or be like most slashdot readers and don't "rtfa" and just go by the summary :roll:

The federalies are coming, the federalies are coming!

Drugs, death, conflict at the US-Mexico border, honestly, what else is new? But yeah, this one is pretty freaky I guess, but it's definatly not the first time Mexican Federale hav been involved in drug smuggling, same thing happened here in AZ a few months back too (though I doubt they were real Federale, most likely just guises).

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

Comments? Read the article, or be like most slashdot readers and don't "rtfa" and just go by the summary :roll:

The summary should be better written then and should answer all questions it introduces ;)

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.