Durable mice?

sohkmj1

I've had a Razer Lachesis, which I got for about $50, for 2 years, but the middle mouse button has started to work whenever it damn feels like. I'm fully aware of my needs (and my usage), so my only concern now is of the durability.

Are there any durable mice (heavy, heavy usage) with decent sensitivity? I don't know if I should stick with Razer (I've also owned a Krait that died for no apparent reason), as I'm not sure if I'm just the victim of bad luck due to mixed reviews (some say their mice last for years, some say theirs die within a month).

Brand names are welcome to help me choose a reliable one, but a specific model would be nice. Price should not exceed $100 (local currency, so it's about 80USD), although I'm willing to look into a more expensive one if absolutely necessary.

Hi,

The Razer Naga has been indestructable for about a year with hours of daily gaming so far.

We've been through a few other Razer mice and some of the earlier models didn't hold up longer than a year or 2.

But really never found mice better than the ones at the Razer store.

Good luck to you :)

-BlissfulElf on RS

I had a Lachesis for about 4 years, then the rubber began to fell off. So i bought the Mass Effect 3 Imperator. It doesnt have rubber-finish, so i hope this will last longer :)

I think all razer mouse works a lifetime, just not those with rubber, the rubber will eventually sweat out and get loose and dirty. Good luck!

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

I've never put a load of hours on a Logitech mouse, but the durability of their driving wheels (which I've put hundreds of hours on) has always impressed me.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

I have a Razer Naga that came with my laptop and it seems to be of a pretty good quality. I still prefer my logitech mice though, which are the mice that had the best durability in my hands.

Well, I have personally had the best luck with a Microsoft mouse that I have been using extensively for around 5 years now with only recent issues with dust (need to get out a can of air to dust off the lightsource).

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source