addiction

Low Levelled

There are some things in rs that if I don't do them I experience internal withdrawal. I would say I'm addicted to those things. thankfully those things don't take up that much of my time, so it's a pretty easy task for my brain to justify them without being conflicted.

I do believe that many of us are wasting parts of our lives playing rs. It doesn't have to be an addiction to be gravely bad to me - simply being robotic is repugnant enough to be a serious problem. There are exceptions - say if you are making lots of money on rs - but that's the general rule I tend to believe. Now, if humanity was safe and our future was secure, then i think this would be less of an issue to me - but the fact is games suck in a lot of smart people which humanity needs to be doing other things if we want to increase our probability of survival this century (and if we want to tremendously improve the quality of human life).

Define it how you want, an "addiction" to rs is far less harmful to you than many other addictions.

I'd also like to say that yes, I like many others, do play a lot of this game. Do I have a life outside the game? Yes. Unless you let runescape become your life (and I'm sure we can all admit this has happened for just a day even) then that's the only time I really see it being a problem. I play for fun, until I stop having fun then I don't see a point quitting really... Even if I can classify myself as addicted.

It depends on your definition I guess. A harmful addiction is (in my opinion) one which negatively impacts other areas of your life. I have no problem balancing my university life with playing Runescape, so I personally wouldn't class myself as addicted, although others certainly would, as if I don't have any work/more important things to do I can easily play 6-12 or even beyond hours in a day. But as I say, there are certain things which always come before RS for me, so playing for long periods of time when I can doesn't worry me in any way.

Asmodean <3