Tip.it website radio!

Morriss

I'm mearly just posting this to see how many people would love to see a tip.it radio on the website. Hire people as 'Radio Staff' to broadcast live radio for anyone who comes onto tip.it. I will post more information on what it could include and incur if this becomes a hot topic.

There was a talk about livestreaming but I don't know where that went.

I think maybe a weekly podcast would be more ideal.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

See, yea weekly podcast or something would be good, but im sure a lot of people here have their iTunes or some sort of music on in the background. To have a radio we could involve a lot more people into any events tip.it do as a website as there will be reminders on the radio, and Radio DJ can do competitions and stuff. It would really attract a big crowd of people as I don't think any other Runescape fansite has a livestream?

The main flaw is see with radio is bandwidth consumption and the effort/cost required in staffing a radio show.

I mean first and foremost you'd need DJs with good qualities microphones etc so it doesn't sound like crap. The issue here being where to find enough people to cover it all, I mean you can't limit it to just 1 timezone; tip.it uses are global. So then how are you gonna get all the hours of the day covered when you are a small fansite who can't pay people to do hours of DJing daily/weekly.

Second issue is content, unless they shell hundreds, if not thousands to get assorted broadcasting licences they can't play *any* music. So that leaves hours upon hours to be filled by talking, which would just get boring.

Etc.

A podcast would work, but a radio would be near impossible to do well really.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The main flaw is see with radio is bandwidth consumption and the effort/cost required in staffing a radio show.

I mean first and foremost you'd need DJs with good qualities microphones etc so it doesn't sound like crap. The issue here being where to find enough people to cover it all, I mean you can't limit it to just 1 timezone; tip.it uses are global. So then how are you gonna get all the hours of the day covered when you are a small fansite who can't pay people to do hours of DJing daily/weekly.

Second issue is content, unless they shell hundreds, if not thousands to get assorted broadcasting licences they can't play *any* music. So that leaves hours upon hours to be filled by talking, which would just get boring.

Etc.

A podcast would work, but a radio would be near impossible to do well really.

Ahh, this is where I ask you to be a bit open minded here. If you look onto a habbo hotel fansite that has a radio, I think you'll find they do not have any sort of licences or paid DJ's. Radio DJ's are voluntary and un paid. You wouldn't have to bother with licences as the DJ's should have paid for their songs to have them available for use. All I ask is that you go look on www.habbcrazy.net and find out how they run their radio. This could be a big potential in tip.it's life!

Just because they do it doesn't make it legal.

Purchasing a song or movie does not give you the right to freely broadcast it, it even says so right in all the copyright blurbs on itunes and on the starts of movies. It's why youtube videos with musical soundtracks often get the sounds removed. Even shops that play music over speakers have to get licences for it, the store I worked in did and when it expired we were not allowed to put any music on.

And I did not raise the issue of DJS being voluntary, I raised the issue of successfully running it with only voluntary staffing due to the fact it would eat significant amounts of their time. It's not the same as being a forum mod or website crew which can be done in the 5 minutes you have free after dinner and then find some time later in the week etc.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Yeah unfortunately anything with music is really out of the question. Licenses asre expensive and we're not interested in breaking the law :P As for a podcast.. I'd honestly probably only consider it if the entire community was literally like "Please, please, please!!" I have my doubts that people would actually be interested. We have set up things like TeamSpeak in the past that have just tanked because not enough people were interested. They might not be exactly the same thing, but there are similarities: people talking, and listening.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

That is a good shout tripsis. Well, i would become part of team speak but I don't really have much of a setup at my house, so sitting on the computer is un comfortable.

It is however really nice to see the fast work that goes on here at tip.it. Two admins replies within a few hours and gave me a response to my post. Great work guys! icon_thumbs.gif