[WIP] Runespan (Updating often!)

Krumlov

Have you tried the new Runespan update?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Have you tried the new Runespan update?

Alright team, I've been spending a lot of time with Runespan the last few hours, and NO ONE has a guide out yet, so I will be making one myself!

Please feel free to add updates below my post, and I will just edit the original post with your update; thanks for the feedback!

----------------------------------------------------------

Lower Floor

30w9sn8.png

NPC's

On the lower floor, there are 4 different NPC's. All 4 of the NPC's can teleport you out of the minigame if you choose to.

- Wizard Finix - Give the player more information about Runespan, and allows the player to teleport out of the minigame. Will also point the player in the direction of the Yellow Wizard for a reward.

2i9h5if.png

- Yellow Wizard - Rewards a player based on what type of runes he asks for. (Ranging from all the different types of runes found in the minigame)

2rnu1iw.png

- Wizard - Allows the player to teleport out of the minigame. Will also point the player in the direction of the Yellow Wizard for a reward.

2s7v2mr.png

- Wizard - Allows the player to teleport out of the minigame. Will also point the player in the direction of the Yellow Wizard for a reward.

34q5u20.png

Esslings - **Note: After collecting 10 runes from ANY essling, the essling will "die". **

- Air Essling - Found mostly around the center of the lowest level, a successful siphon gives the player 10 exp, while a failed attempt will get you 1exp. A player can also "Chip Off" some rune essence from the Essling and get a random amount. (Seen 4 ess - 10 ess) After collecting 10 runes, the essling then dies, giving the player back ** essence.

x1ajdk.png

1e840n.png

- Earth Essling - A successful siphon gives the player 14 exp, while a failed attempt will get you 1exp. A player can also "Chip Off" some rune essence from the essling and get a random amount. (Seen 4 ess - 10 ess) After collecting 10 runes, the essling then dies, giving the player back 50 essence.

2mey8pi.png

30vj0j5.png

- Water Essling - A successful siphon gives the player 12exp, while a failed attempt will get you 1exp. A player can also "Chip Off" some rune essence from the essling and get a random amount. (Seen 4 ess - 10 ess) After collecting 10 runes, the essling then dies, giving the player back 50 essence.

2chlv9u.png

ioogi1.png

- Mind Essling - A successful siphon gives the player 10 exp, while a failed attempt will get you 1exp. A player can also "Chip Off" some rune essence from the essling and get a random amount. (Seen 4 ess - 10 ess) After collecting 10 runes, the essling then dies, giving the player back 50 essence.

ke8787.png

19a92a.png

- Fire Essling - A successful siphon gives the player 18 exp, while a failed attempt will get you 1exp. A player can also "Chip Off" some rune essence from the essling and get a random amount. (Seen 4 ess - 10 ess) After collecting the 10 runes, the essling then dies, giving the player back 50 essence.

2ur1fuq.png

530pde.png

Energy Storms **Note: I do not yet know how many successful runes it takes to destroy a storm, if there is a maximum at all, please confirm**

- Floating Essence - When first entering the minigame, a player needs to start by collecting ** essence from the Floating Essence dispenser.

4qnfrp.png

- Cyclone - A successful siphon gives the player 19 exp, while a failed attempt will get you 2 exp. After the storm leaves, no essence is given back to the player.

34j2miu.png

p14xj.png

- Fireball - A successful siphon gives the player ** exp, while a failed attempt will get you 2 exp. After the storm leaves, no essence is given back to the player.

64jqls.png

- Mind Storm - A successful siphon gives the player 20 exp, while a failed attempt will get you 2 exp. After the storm leaves, no essence is given back to the player.

m9aa1e.png

qqe534.png

- Rock Fragment - A successful siphon gives the player 28 exp, while a failed attempt will get you 2 exp. After the storm leaves, no essence is given back to the player.

xq79s.png

2dbuide.png

- Water Pool - A successful siphon gives the player 25 exp, while a failed attempt will get you 2 exp. After the storm leaves, no essence is given back to the player.

288z11t.png

20avrph.png

- Vine - A successful siphon can give the player one of two runes: Water and Earth. A successful Water collection gets the player 25 exp, while a successful Earth collection gets the player 28 exp. A failed collection gains 2 exp. After the storm leaves, no essence is given back to the player.

w2nj80.png

28uqmo5.png

- Runesphere - A Runesphere takes level 72 Rune-crafting to operate and collect from. (Someone with higher RC please fill in this section with more information.)

2mrb2mo.png

When ready to move on - When the player is ready to move on to the next level, they can travel up the Vine Ladder to the Middle Level.

315n7yx.png

Middle Floor

2zdoal4.png

NPC's

On the lower floor, there are 5 different NPC's. All 4 of the NPC's can teleport you out of the minigame if you choose to.

- Yellow Wizard - Rewards a player based on what type of runes he asks for. (Ranging from all the different types of runes found in the minigame)

opmkb5.png

2ut6lwh.png

nqp9o7.png

4j2te.png

2psg6qv.png

Esshound - In addition to the esslings from the previous levels, Esshounds have been added to this level.

- Body Esshound - A successful siphon gives the player 24 exp, while a failed attempt will get you 1exp. A player can also "Chip Off" some rune essence from the Essling and get a random amount. (Seen 4 ess - 10 ess) After collecting 10 runes, the essling then dies, giving the player back 50 essence.

rbcpbd.png

2n6dv02.png

- Chaos Esshound - A successful siphon gives the player 30 exp, while a failed attempt will get you 1exp. A player can also "Chip Off" some rune essence from the essling and get a random amount. (Seen 4 ess - 10 ess) After collecting 10 runes, the essling then dies, giving the player back 50 essence.

2qutaok.png

2dvpz04.png

- Nature Esshound - A successful siphon gives the player 44 exp, while a failed attempt will get you 1exp. A player can also "Chip Off" some rune essence from the essling and get a random amount. (Seen 4 ess - 10 ess) After collecting 10 runes, the essling then dies, giving the player back 50 essence.

e86d1z.png

28c3q89.png

- Law Esshound - A successful siphon gives the player ** exp, while a failed attempt will get you 1exp. A player can also "Chip Off" some rune essence from the essling and get a random amount. (Seen 4 ess - 10 ess) After collecting 10 runes, the essling then dies, giving the player back 50 essence.

2hgh7v8.png

- Astral Esshound - A successful siphon gives the player 36 exp, while a failed attempt will get you 1exp. A player can also "Chip Off" some rune essence from the essling and get a random amount. (Seen 4 ess - 10 ess) After collecting the 10 runes, the essling then dies, giving the player back 50 essence.

21ec2gw.png

24vqq0m.png

Energy Storms : On top of the storms from the lower level, the medium level has many "Multiple Rune" storms.

- Chaotic Cloud - A successful siphon gives the player 61 exp and 1 Chaos Rune, while a failed attempt will get you 2 exp. After the storm leaves, no essence is given back to the player.

161yo2t.png

3589grc.png

- Fleshy Growth - A successful siphon gives the player * exp, while a failed attempt will get you 2 exp. After the storm leaves, no essence is given back to the player.

mhyat2.png

53wkdl.png

- Fire Storm - A successful siphon gives the player * exp, while a failed attempt will get you 2 exp. After the storm leaves, no essence is given back to the player.

5zr702.png

1j0v9l.png

- Nebula - A successful siphon gives the player 64 exp for Cosmic runes, and 86 exp for Astral Runes; while a failed attempt will get you 2 exp. After the storm leaves, no essence is given back to the player.

zlp8gk.png

14kwgvc.png

- Sifter - A successful siphon gives the player 87 exp and 1 Nature Rune, while a failed attempt will get you 2 exp. After the storm leaves, no essence is given back to the player.

30wxi1j.png

9k2fps.png

Upper Floor

e9eliv.png

Hey there Krumlov, welcome to Tip.It! :)

First of all, I've deleted a redundant topic that you accidentally made by clicking on the post topic button twice.

Secondly, I'm currently in the midst of writing the Tip.It Runespan guide as I write this post. While I have everything that you cover here so far, we GREATLY appreciate your efforts to help everyone out. Rest assured I'll be checking here to see if I miss anything, and your name is certainly going to be in the credits list on the official guide.

To get you a better public audience for your guide, I'm moving this topic to our forum's general guides section. I really like it so far :thumbup:

Thanks so much again,

~Wmx

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

Hey there Krumlov, welcome to Tip.It! :)

First of all, I've deleted a redundant topic that you accidentally made by clicking on the post topic button twice.

Secondly, I'm currently in the midst of writing the Tip.It Runespan guide as I write this post. While I have everything that you cover here so far, we GREATLY appreciate your efforts to help everyone out. Rest assured I'll be checking here to see if I miss anything, and your name is certainly going to be in the credits list on the official guide.

To get you a better public audience for your guide, I'm moving this topic to our forum's general guides section. I really like it so far :thumbup:

Thanks so much again,

~Wmx

No, thank YOU! I'm glad someone is working on it, I just hadn't seen anything out there yet. I will finish this up with proper pictures and info and then you can pick through it.

Hope yours turns out great!! :)

I would like to help out with your guide, which is great so far. :)

I have noticed that all elemental runes give you 1 point per 2 runes and all non elemental runes give you 1 point per rune. So Air = 2 runes for 1 point, Water = 2r for 1p, Fire = 2r for 1p, Earth = 2r for 1p, Mind = 2r for 1p, Body = 2r for 1p. Also when you move from large platforms to small platforms, you will lose points equal to the amount of points of the runes you spent give, so if you spend 1 air rune then your points will not be deducted, but if you spend 2 air runes then you will lose 1 point. Ofc this means that if you spend 1 nature rune for the bridge then you will lose 1 point for it, and if you cross the Comet bridge which costs 1 Law, 1 Cosmic and 1 Astral then you will lose 3 points. But if you cross the Vine bridge then you lose 2 points aswell because it costs 1 Water, 1 Earth and 1 Nature meaning it'll take the two half points from the water and earth and minus 1 point. If you destroy the runes you will also lose the points equal to the amount of points the runes you destroyed gave.

I hope some of that made sense. XD

@^ I'm not certain, but I think there's decimals involved, rather than it being a straight 1 or 2 runes per point.

Some info I noticed missing from your guide (typically placeheld by **):

• Air esslings give 50 ess when they die (as do all creatures).
  • Collecting Floating Essence sets your essence to 25, no matter how much you had previously (but if you have more than 25 ess, it does nothing but tell you to go kill a creature for ess instead).
  • Fireballs give 34-35 xp per successful siphon.
  • Law esshounds offer 54xp and a law rune for eachr successful siphon.
  • Fleshy growths offer 46xp and a body rune for each successful siphon.
  • Firestorms offer 22xp and an air rune or 42xp and a fire rune for each successful siphon.

Also, here's some info for the upper floors, since you don't have any at the moment:

• Death esswraiths offer
  • There are also blood esswraiths and soul esswraiths, which I can't siphon from (they require lvl 77 and 90 RC, respectively)
  • Jumpers offer 107xp and 1 law rune per successful siphon.
  • Skulls offer 120xp and 1 death rune per successful siphon.
  • There are also blood pools (lvl 77, blood runes), bloody skulls (lvl 83, death & blood runes), living souls (lvl 90, soul runes), and undead souls (lvl 95, death & soul runes) which I can't siphon from.

Some general tips and tricks:

• If you're re-entering after having left and cashed in, you'll need some runes to start with, just to get around - especially if you're used to training in the upper level and have to work your way back up from the middle level entrance. Talk to Wizard Finix, and you can trade some points for a set of 10 of each rune you can make/siphon. That gives you enough to get around as needed, and the runes you don't use will just get converted back into points when you next leave. This does mean that every time you leave the Runespan or buy something with your points at the Wizard Tower, you should make sure to save about 200 points for the next time you enter. (It costs me 150 points to buy a starter set of 10 of each rune up through deaths, and I believe it costs ~170 once you hit 77 RC and add in bloods; presumably it costs a bit more at level 90 with souls.)
  • Nodes give more XP per siphon than creatures of the same rune type. Thus, if you have some spare essence (and you should be racking up tons of the stuff from siphoning creatures to death anyway) and a node pops up nearby, you should probably switch to siphoning the node. Once you hit 66 RC and can access the upper level, I highly recommend stocking up on essence from creatures on your way to the bone ladder, and then training exclusively on nodes. I find a spot where I can see several islands at once and concentrate on siphoning from nebulae nodes or better (nebulae, shifter, jumper, skulls), and when I'm waiting on such a node to show up I siphon death esswraiths. I occasionally have to stop and stock up on essence again, but very rarely, and I spend about 80% of my time siphoning from nodes directly.
  • Combination nodes are a bit of a mixed bag - they offer more XP for the same type of rune than the single-typed nodes, but since you could otherwise be siphoning from only the higher type of rune rather than a mix of the two, it's not always worth it. Assuming that you get an even amount of each type of rune, Vines offer 32 XP per siphon, while water pools only offer 25 and earth fragments only 28, so vines are always better. Firestorms average at 32xp per siphon, while fireballs offer 34xp per siphon, so firestorms are actually slightly worse than fireballs (unless, of course, you need airs desperately). I'm told that bloody skulls offer about 160xp per siphon, which is more than skulls or bloody pools, so the bloody skulls are always a better choice. I have yet to see XP rates for undead souls, but I would guess that the deaths pull it down enough to be less rewarding than a living soul. Note, however, that even firestorms and probably undead souls are better xp than siphoning from an equivalent creature.
  • Tl;dr version of the above two points: XP-wise, Nodes > Creatures, and Combination Nodes > Single Nodes, except for firestorms and possibly undead souls.
  • Learn which types of platforms are fast and which are slow. Conjuration, in particular, can take a long time to use - if it's easy to avoid these, it's probably a wise decision.
  • Giving the wizard the type of runes he asks for is not always a good decision. I get 3700xp for handing him 10 death runes when he asked for something different, but I typically get <3000xp for 10 runes of the type he requested. Thus, I always give him death runes. A more detailed table needs to be collected to know what's best for any given level.
  • Joining a friend chat for the purpose of hunting high-level nodes can be a massive time-saver. Look around and see if anyone's advertising a given chat, or check the forums before you head in - it could significantly boost your XP. It's also a great way to help you along if you're just learning to node-hunt, and you may decide later that you've learned enough to not need the chat's help anymore.

I give my permission for this to be used in the Tip.It guide and in Krumlov's guide, provided I am credited therein.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

I have done both the level 1 and level 2 map with the location of the Esslings and Esshounds to make it easier for people to find the locations of specific runes, since I noticed many people in game struggling to find the Law Esshounds on level 2.

Level 1:

egsw13.png

5mwe3d.png

Level 2:

e637rp.png

2uogrxy.png

Just to expand on what has already been said, Blood Esswraiths give 73xp per successful siphon and 3 points per blood rune. Death esswraiths give 60xp per successful siphon and (I think) 2-3 points per death rune. Blood Pools meanwhile give 146-147 per successful siphon. If you haven't already noticed, the single-rune nodes give double the experience per siphon than the creatures do.

I hope you don't mind me saying this, but if you do, tell me and I'll take it off if you find it's advertising of my own topic. Anyways, on my topic "Runespan Experience", I'm trying to find experience rates for wizards and the info may come in handy for some things in your guide.

Seems like an awesome guide so far though, keep up the good work!

~NealolaeN~

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, sorry for the delay, I have been traveling recently. I have finished writing the guide and it can be found here: http://tip.it/runescape/?page=runespan.htm

Thanks to Sorator and Krumlov, your input was used for the guide! :thumbup:

Feel free to PM me with any questions or concerns. Good luck with your guide here Krumlov! :)

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!