On Developer Console

Ulysses

Hello,

The offheap figures in the developer console are in the 'reds' most of the time since the fps patch. Should I be worried?

If it's of particular concern, what action should I take?

Also, I have been suffering an increased number of graphic driver related issues, sometimes the screen freezes then turns black, sometimes the infamous blue screen pops up, sometimes it recovers with an error message afterwards. I have updated drivers from the Nvidia website for my GeForce GTX260M. Can anyone provide me with some recommendations on further action with regards to this matter?

Many thanks.

'Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.' T.S. Eliot

The offheap figures in the developer console are in the 'reds' most of the time since the fps patch. Should I be worried?

Knowing my luck, you're in OpenGL or Software modes. Those two modes have to render a bit of stuff outside of the main RuneScape processing. Honestly, I've never seen that number exceed 128 MB, so there's really no need to worry. ;)

Also, I have been suffering an increased number of graphic driver related issues, sometimes the screen freezes then turns black, sometimes the infamous blue screen pops up, sometimes it recovers with an error message afterwards. I have updated drivers from the Nvidia website for my GeForce GTX260M. Can anyone provide me with some recommendations on further action with regards to this matter?

This part is something I can't help you with. I'll request a move of this thread to Tech&Comp for you. Also, you might want to file a bug report on the RuneScape Bug Report WebSite. :geek:

~D. V. "Technical Triage... fun..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Hello,

Many thanks.

1. I've had this too, although I've not had any adverse effects so far (I've had this for as long as there has been a dev console if it's of any reassurance).

2. When does the issue occur? I've had a similar issue with a previous GPU (Nvidia Geforce 9600GS) because the cards were generally of inferior build. Yours seems like a mobile GPU, so I don't really know too much about that, sorry. If I had to take a guess I'd say that the cards aren't built to last under heavy usage; my old card would crash at the slightest issue.

Hello,

Many thanks.

1. I've had this too, although I've not had any adverse effects so far (I've had this for as long as there has been a dev console if it's of any reassurance).

2. When does the issue occur? I've had a similar issue with a previous GPU (Nvidia Geforce 9600GS) because the cards were generally of inferior build. Yours seems like a mobile GPU, so I don't really know too much about that, sorry. If I had to take a guess I'd say that the cards aren't built to last under heavy usage; my old card would crash at the slightest issue.

Your card was a GS, the low end, no wonder it didn't have the strenght, but it's still weird that it crashed.