RSS Feeds for GE Center Prices

thedogmaster

I think it'd be really cool if tip.it would offer RSS feeds for GE Center Price changes on any item so that we could get updates via email or such (via websites like ifttt.com or Google Reader). That way we don't have to check the website everyday to see what that item's price is for the day.

Certainly something I'm willing to look into. Right now I'd really like to improve the way we detect GE updates so I'd probably change that first. It does take us about 2 hours to actually grab all of the data too because of some recent changes Jagex made.

Yeah we do detect GE Updates, but we don't provide this data in an RSS feed or anything, just on our GE Centre.

After a couple of minutes more thought, I think I will most likely recode all of our GE-related stuff, including the update checker and the graphs, but I probably won't start for around 3 weeks as I'll be away from home for a while, so don't expect anything too soon. ;)

Yeah we do detect GE Updates, but we don't provide this data in an RSS feed or anything, just on our GE Centre.

After a couple of minutes more thought, I think I will most likely recode all of our GE-related stuff, including the update checker and the graphs, but I probably won't start for around 3 weeks as I'll be away from home for a while, so don't expect anything too soon. ;)

Looking forward to this tbh

tmht-banner-medium-1.png

[spoiler=Rare Drops/Splits (Feb 2013 - ??)]

21m84sy.png

Take your time, Peter, even if it means taking 6 months or more. I definitely would not want to see a ton of client-side lagging because something ended up being a mess. :shades:

~D. V. "Wouldn't mind this one being on the slow track..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Part of the problem as MageUK said is that Jagex makes it *really* hard to actually grab the updated list of G.E. prices. An update by Jagex made a scrape that previously took 90 seconds to complete now takes 2 hours+. We're looking for better ways to do things to make it go faster, but to be honest it's really hard with what Jagex has done with their systems. That limitation ties up a lot of what we normally would be able to do.

Tecmaster532.png
Tecmaster532.png
lm9dzxe3.png
Owner of the Quest Point Cape