Ban appeal

fireball6666

Hi there,

a few days ago I received an email of the Runescape team telling me that my account had been banned because of real world trading. first of all, this is absolutely false. I havent been playing the game since 2006 or so, although an occasional log in now and then for old times sake. I haven't done any trading, nor has it even come to my mind to act in such a way.

The email contained a link with the evidence, however, when clicking the page can not be found.

Further in the email it states that I need to check my account management in order to appeal for the (false) ban. The problem is that I can not log in onto my account, it claims my user name/ password is incorrect. also, my account can not be found in the hi-scores.

so my question is, how can I appeal for this ban?

How strange it may be, throught all the joyful hours spending training/playing my character, it has emotional value in a way to me. So I'd really like to reclaim my account...

I hope someone of you can help me out.

Thanks in advance,

Regars,

Fireball666

The e-mail you received from RuneScape was probably a fake. Unless they changed their policy, they never e-mail you regarding things like this. They only send you messages via your RuneScape message centre. People send out these fake e-mails that contain links to pages that get you to login to a fake site so they can steal your password. (That's why the page URL didn't work when you clicked on it)

You should never ever navigate to RuneScape.com by clicking a link in an e-mail. Those links can be disguised. An example might be like:

http://www.runescape.co.us

http://www.runesca.pe.com

and so on..

If you ever need to go to RuneScape.com, tyep in the URL yourself.

So tl;dr: you're probably not banned. A hacker just got into your account. You will have to attempt to recover it.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Change your password ASAP! This was most likely a phish link, attempting to grab your password, and if you followed that link you should change your password now.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Your account won;t be in the hiscores if you are not a paying member, they droppd free accounts from the hihscores recently.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

If you're the original owner of the account it should be possible to recover it without too much difficulty. The email you described is definitely a phishing email so don't worry about your account having been banned. Its possible that the person who has hacked you by use of this email or indeed another way has changed the name of your account meaning it won't be listed on the hi-scores under the original name anymore. Good luck getting your account back :)

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

The above are all true, so in summary:

Emails claiming to be the Jagex team and accusations that you are banned are false, these are phishing scams designed to try to steal your account. Never click any links in these emails. (I have recieved many of these emails, and in total it has said I've been banned through every possible way over 30 times each, and I've never even been muted XD)

If your email is different from what you remember, either a friend of yours with your password changed it, a hacker changed it, or you remembered the wrong email. Change it if any of the above apply.

F2P players are no longer on the hi-scores.

**If you've been playing since 2006, you don't need your email to login, it only needs the username you gave the account when it was made, and the current password**

And last, but not least, don't click Runescape "links," just go the webpage yourself (type it in).

Tainaith.png

*99 Cooking Achieved: 4th of July, 2009--99 Fishing Achieved: Christmas Day, 2009--99 Woodcutting Achieved: May 4th, 2010--99 Magic Achieved: September 11, 2010--99 Fletching Achieved: June 14th, 2012--2000 Total Achieved: July 2nd, 2012*

*1100 Dominion Bosses defeated*

Heroes of Newerth player -- IGN: SaveTehPanda

StarCraft 2 player -- IGN: plasmaJelly

I got this email aswell. You can see it's not from jagex from the email address you recieve the email from.

Ace_of_Bluud.png
Ace_of_Bluud.png
Ace_of_Bluud.png
Ace_of_Bluud.png
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!