Does revenge lead to regret?

Omar

I think that last point has to do with suspense of when it will happen. If someone kicks my ass and I yell at them while they're walking away, "One day I'm going to get you!" the suspense may get at them for as long as I wait. Of course, the situation would have to be a lot worse for the suspense to actually be effective in enacting revenge. Say, if someone murders a family member and I vow to get revenge on them (say, kill them or one of their closest family members), the length of time you wait is likely to add to how painful it is when it does happen.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I think taking revenge only leads to regret if one makes a habit of it. I once took revenge and have never regretted it.

In response to what did you do it? A moron son of a parents' friend, my age, who smashed a valuable jade Buddha which I treasured on a joint family holiday in the Adriatic.

How? Threw them into the sea later that day, from some rocks, and onto a shallow bit of water with rocks underneath.

When? At age 11-12

Do/did you regret it? No

When did the guilt kick in? Never

In any case, on a scale of one to ten, ten being very hurtful and one being not hurtful at all, how would you rate the injury and the revenge? 7 - they cut their legs on the rocks and got stung by urchins in the water.

Did the person with whom you evened things out reciprocate? No, I never saw them again

Also, have you ever been on the receiving end? Did this make you want to reciprocate? Did you? I've never been on the receiving end.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

I've felt like revenge a few times, but never acted on it. I think this was the right decision, and now revenge doesn't usually even enter my head.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

When I was in year 10 at school this year 7 (or 8) kid was always being a dick towards me, and generally annoying me.

In response to what did you do it? Punched him very hard in the temple. I think I gave him a mild concussion, he also complained for like 2 weeks of migraines and headaches.

How? Walked up to him and punched him

When? Few years ago.

Do/did you regret it? Nope. The guy was a dick.

When did the guilt kick in? N/A

In any case, on a scale of one to ten, ten being very hurtful and one being not hurtful at all, how would you rate the injury and the revenge?

Did the person with whom you evened things out reciprocate? He tried punching me a few times, but I just blocked them. He just left me alone after that.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Omar, let me rearrange your question: Does regret lead to revenge? In other words, if someone causes us to regret something (e.g. convince you to do something that ruins the friendship between you and your best friend) do you seek revenge? I believe that approaching the question from this angle enables one to gain a better insight. If regret does lead to revenge, then is it too much of a stretch to assume that the inverse is true? If this revenge-regret relationship is a (seemingly) never-ending cycle, what should we do? Are we approaching a singularity in which the cycle must either end or humanity as a whole faces ultimate destruction?

I would like to hear your thoughts.

I've felt like revenge a few times, but never acted on it. I think this was the right decision, and now revenge doesn't usually even enter my head.

How does one feel like revenge? Is this some type of simile? Is revenge an evil creature? Do you become demonically posessed by revenge?

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

a) to feel like = to be tempted by. "I feel like eating some candy".

b) Regret as I understand it implies that you feel responsible for an action which in hindsight you feel is not the way you should have handled the situation. Considering revenge is action against the one who is responsible, I don't think anything will come out of this question. Who are you going to punish, your own self? That wouldn't really start a cycle. If you were to punish someone else, then it's not regret to begin with.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!