YAWSD

Veiva

I think the font is too wide.

Also where can I read the rest of this article?

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

I'm not a big fan of justification for reading. I like the font; is that Verdana? This may just be personal preference, but I rather webpages to display text in a wider format. In this instance, if it covered all the yellow at the top that would be nice.

Do note that I have 0 experience in web design, so take what I say with a grain of salt. Your article did appeal to the programmer in me, however. Was a really interesting read. :smile:

Edit: Moved to Programming and Web Design.

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

I wasn't talking about the space between letters, just the width of the actual letters. I find this forum plenty readable even though the font is narrower. Maybe I would like it to simply be smaller--I just viewed the actual website and since I'm running Linux Mint, I see the text as some Arialesque font and I don't think it looks any nicer. Speaking of which, you should probably add some Linux-friendly font-families: http://mondaybynoon.com/20070402/linux-font-equivalents-to-popular-web-typefaces/

Also, I would make the menu bar font the same as the logo's.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

I wasn't talking about the space between letters, just the width of the actual letters. I find this forum plenty readable even though the font is narrower. Maybe I would like it to simply be smaller--I just viewed the actual website and since I'm running Linux Mint, I see the text as some Arialesque font and I don't think it looks any nicer. Speaking of which, you should probably add some Linux-friendly font-families: http://mondaybynoon....-web-typefaces/

Also, I would make the menu bar font the same as the logo's.

I made the font a few pixels smaller (12 vs 14). If you want, could you tell me what you think now?

I'm not a big fan of justification for reading. I like the font; is that Verdana? This may just be personal preference, but I rather webpages to display text in a wider format. In this instance, if it covered all the yellow at the top that would be nice.

Do note that I have 0 experience in web design, so take what I say with a grain of salt. Your article did appeal to the programmer in me, however. Was a really interesting read. :smile:

Edit: Moved to Programming and Web Design.

I removed the justification. As far as the wide text is concerned, research and personal experience indicate the longer a line of text is, the harder it is to read. Also, I want some of the illustration to not be obscured :P!

Thanks to you both for the feedback.

ozXHe7P.png

I see you changed the logo's font. I was talking about the menu fonts. You [bleep]ed it up more, man :P

Also what's with the room between lines?

I see you changed the logo's font. I was talking about the menu fonts. You [bleep]ed it up more, man :P

Also what's with the room between lines?

First: I know, but the font I used for the menu isn't a common font. I could always make the menus images with a text fallback though... I'll revert the logo and try that.

The room between the lines is an oversight. I'll fix that. It should be 1/2 extra space between each line, not over double, as it is now. Thanks again!

ozXHe7P.png

Okay. Maybe you could make the logo and logo text interact some more? Something that looks less like a logo with text next to it. All lowercase "comma [logo] excess", maybe, with letters the same height as the logo?

Okay. Maybe you could make the logo and logo text interact some more? Something that looks less like a logo with text next to it. All lowercase "comma [logo] excess", maybe, with letters the same height as the logo?

I like your suggestion and used it. What do you think now?

(Oh, and suggesting by the time you posted your reply, you may want to check the website again; I was working on the navigation menu around that time!).

ozXHe7P.png

Cool. I like it. The text looks good now, but again, I don't have Verdana so I can't tell you what Lord Paul is seeing.

I would push the menu buttons all the way to the right. I suppose you used CSS to place a border at the bottom of the images on mouseover? This is just me, but when I do something like that I like to use rounded corners, like this (second paragraph).

When I scroll down the page about a third of the width of the screen is eaten up by the space you left for the illustration at the top. That's at 1024*600. You probably know better than I do whether that's a good idea or not, just letting you know. Maybe you can use the space taken up by the pattern to place the illustrations side-by-side with the text instead of having them in the same block?