Farming (strange rock)

sportsjock215

So I need advice on how to get strange rock from farming. I am almost lvl 80 farming and never gotten a strange rock. I pretty much only do herb plots, limps, and fruit trees. Occasionally, I will do watermelons but not normally. Do I need to diversify my plots to get strange rock? It is the only thing I have left for the varrock statue.

sportsjock21.png

Do you only need one more farming rock, or both? I always get mine from either herb farming or potato farming. Can take time, don't worry.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

As far as I know, getting rocks is completely random while training its associated skill. So it is possible (albeit unlikely) that you are just extremely unlucky. Some other things I would do is to triple check that you don't mistakenly have them sitting in a tab in your bank somewhere that you got a while ago and forgot about. Also, check with Barnabus Hurma to make sure you didn't toggle off the strange rocks.

I don't think diversification or type of plots affects the odds of getting a rock though.

Have the courage to change the things you can, the patience to accept the things you can't, and the wisdom to know the difference.

[/Quote]

Yeah I would assume that it is completely random. I do have one strange rock from farming, and I went and checked with Barnabus Hurma to makes it wasnt turned off. I would just have assumed I would have gotten a strange rock by now cause I am positive I have not gotten one from 70-80 at least and I do not remember getting the first one because it was before I quit my last time.

sportsjock21.png

You've got a small chance to get a rock every time you harvest something. So the best way to get a rock quickly is to farm the allotments because you can harvest a lot of crops, giving you lots of chances to get a rock.

When I was trying to get farming rocks I'd just do a farming run of all the allotments - harvest both allotment plots, the herb plot, and the flower plot, and plant them with whatever seeds I happened to have. Doing a run of Catherby, Canifis, Ardy, Fally, and Trollheim, I usually would get both rocks after 3 or 4 runs.
Ernie_Loco.png

Yeah, I planted anything I could just for more chances. Herbs, Allotments, and Hops patches. Got all of my watermelon seeds from TempleTrekking minigame. And planted Barley in the hops, though even those tended to die occasionally. Usually got them within 2 days (checking twice daily). I usually got them from the hops patches more than any of the other ones. Also, use supercompost because it increases yield a little bit.

Do you have the strange rock bag? Whenever I lost a rock in my bank, it was usually because I had some rocks loose in the bank and some in the bag.

Teddmn.png