Gaming pc

xloneSpirit

I built a computer a while back. I haven't tried any real gaming on it yet (I keep meaning to, but always forget) but my brother says it's as good as his PC and he plays Skyrim and Crysis a lot. Here are parts I used (without the cosmetic extras, and a cheaper case you could get it down to $1200);

zss28.jpg

I bought it from NCIX.ca. I don't know how it compares to TigerDirect, but it does have a price match option that you only have to provide a URL to use.

I'd probably go for the Nvidia GTX 660 instead of an AMD graphics card, but that's just preference, and I think it needs less power too from the power supply. Also from experience Nvidia drivers are usually better than AMD drivers.

You got 34 and some change to cover shipping on deals without free shipping and to buy a cheap ass mouse and keyboard until you can afford a mechanical keyboard and high dpi mouse for bf3. Save up a little more to cover that and you'll be set.

As for Sbrideau the 660 is 250 which would probably push him a little over budget but if he can dig in the couch he might do that little upgrade but honestly the games he's wanting to play i play at 60+ fps no problem with a gtx 560ti. The 650 and 660 should be future proof somewhat.

@OTM he doesn't need a 100+ case he can find plenty of good looking and functional 50-75 cases. He doesn't need lighting, and he doesn't need a CPU cooler seeing as the new intel line is more efficient than the previous gen. I have an i5-2400 in my comp and it does fine with stock fan and thermal gel. As I'm typing right now my CPU is running at 32 Celsius and under load such as BF3 it doesn't go above 50-55.

Low_C.png

My favorite low price tower, and I've personally used it on a few builds for friends, very good for wire management and airflow. For $60CAD it's not bad. http://www.ncix.com/...re=COOLERMASTER

And Lowc I agree with what you say, a 560 should be sufficient for a long while to come.

If you're just going to get a weak graphics card at your budget, you might as well cut down the whole budget to $700.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.