Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Double Mining XP Quest Reward

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

BryanTran
[ Display Name History ]

BryanTran

Rat Meat

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 29 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Bryan Tran
  • Clan:W22 Farming
EDIT: 40k Agility XP @ http://forum.tip.it/...d/#entry5322007 Credit to Jeremy841

A very quick, and rewarding tip for those of you looking to enjoy this weekend:

Requirements: 80 Mining or boost to 80 Mining

I just got 60k mining xp in just a few seconds.

A few hours before the Bonus XP Weekend started, I did Diamond in the Rough, and a friend said that there was a hidden bonus after the quest was completed. It was worth 20k mining xp. So I decided to research this, so I could also reap this reward. RSWiki mentions that this bonus stacks with items such as, the Lava Flow suit, Pendants and Prized Pendants of Skill, and other mining boosts. What it didn't mention was a BXPW stack bonus, or if the Mad May Necklace worked. So I decided to try for myself.

I don't have any other items beside my Mad May Necklace and the Bonus XP Weekend 2.0x multiplier. What could work is a Mining Ring from Clan Citadels, though I didn't try it.

Enter the Kalphite Nursery, marked on the world map as being north-west of the Kalphite Lair, and head east into the tunnel. You're backtracking the tunnel route during the quest. Once there, return into the room you were placed in after the quicksand trap was triggered. There's a small crack on the ground.

Mining it without any boost is 20k xp. I received 60k xp. Those without any items would get 40k xp, through interpolation, if they did not bring any items, from now through Monday.

Enjoy!

JeRambo
[ Display Name History ]

JeRambo

Cherremy

• Members
  • 2,086 posts
  • Clan:Wicked Fury
Thank you. I'll have to do this ASAP.. Hopefully it doesn't get 'nerfed.' :P.

EDIT: Confirmed it gives double XP.

If anyone wants 40k Agility XP as well, this is doubled too.
(This is the location where you built the monkey camp during the Do-no-Evil quest.)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."
"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

BryanTran
[ Display Name History ]

BryanTran

Rat Meat

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 29 posts
  • RSN:Bryan Tran
  • Clan:W22 Farming
I don't believe that can be the case. For the time it was released until today, why didn't Jagex disallow the use of xp boosting items if they didn't want players to use them?

Have fun!

Bxpprod
[ Display Name History ]

Bxpprod

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,777 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Bxpprod
Sweet. Thanks

Edit: Gof ammy works, clan ring doesnt
Posted Image

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

TheLad1
[ Display Name History ]

TheLad1

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 523 posts
  • RSN:The Lad 1
  • RSN2:Fork Sake
  • Clan:Max The Experience
Nice find, shame I'd already used the mining one. Still 40k Agility Xp for 30 seconds work - not too shabby :)

the_lad_1.png

awesomegreen
[ Display Name History ]

awesomegreen

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • RSN:Awesomegreen
Nice call on the bonus

Edited by Jeremy841, 29 October 2012 - 11:04 PM.
removed tracker

Platinum_Myr
[ Display Name History ]

Platinum_Myr

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  • RSN:Serena Sedai
  • RSN2:Fyora Serena
  • Clan:The Knighted Angels

Edit: Gof ammy works, clan ring doesnt

Clan ring doesn't stack with BXP, so it might work if anyone didn't do this during bxpw.

Alas, I had already done these before bxpw.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users