Barrows drop rate VS. Number of bros

chenw

Hey all,

quick question regarding barrow drop rates.

I am currently only killing Ahrim and Karil in hopes of DIY'ing my weapons, but I have noticed that my average rune drops per brother is a lot less than my average rune drops per brother had I killed 6.

My question is, if I only kill 2 brothers, would the chance of getting items, per brother the same as killing 6?

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Hey all,

quick question regarding barrow drop rates.

I am currently only killing Ahrim and Karil in hopes of DIY'ing my weapons, but I have noticed that my average rune drops per brother is a lot less than my average rune drops per brother had I killed 6.

My question is, if I only kill 2 brothers, would the chance of getting items, per brother the same as killing 6?

you will get better and more runes with higher brother kc and i would assume all 6 dead gives better chance then doing 2, but the item dropped would be random and killing normal mobs in tunnels does not increase barrow drop either.

Each brother killed will put an item in the chest, either runes, bolt racks, half keys, dragon medium helms or a barrows item. So killing say 3 of 6 brothers will give you exactly half the chance at a barrows item than if you had killed all 6, you don't get any "bonus" for killing all of them.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Right, So in essence if I am specifically looking for Karil and Ahrim pieces, I'd be much better off just simply looting the chest after killing both Ahrim and Karil than to get my 6 kills?

I had that question because lately, my rune drops at 2 barrow kills were negligible (in fact i'd be lucky if i got any), and certainly far far less than 1/3 of full 6 kills, so I was just wondering if this only applied to runes or items as well.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

If you're going for the pistol crossbow and wand/book with money making taking a back seat then yes, loot the chest after killing just those two.

Rune drops would be low because each brother only gives you a fraction of the total runes you receive at the end of a run (getting 250 death runes could mean that 5 brothers "dropped" 50 death runes for example). Killing 2 brothers is merely 2 chances at getting runes, and you need above 7/11* to even get deaths/bloods respectively.

*numbers may be off

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Each brother killed will put an item in the chest, either runes, bolt racks, half keys, dragon medium helms or a barrows item. So killing say 3 of 6 brothers will give you exactly half the chance at a barrows item than if you had killed all 6, you don't get any "bonus" for killing all of them.

And after Ritual of the Mahjarrat adds the seventh brother, you still only need six kills to get the maximum rewards, so you can skip one.