Game Session Validator/ Refresher

Trey

This will be quick and simple.

I hate coming back to the computer after doing RL shit for a bit and finding out that my game session has ended. I wouldn't really mind it if there were a way to check if the token was still valid before entering my Gettysburg Address of a password, but there isn't. That's where this suggestion comes in. Add a button that checks if you token is still valid, and if it's not, have a refresh button somewhere. Hell, if at all possible, just give me a fresh token without me having to reload. (not sure if that's doable)

tl;dr: Add a button to the login screen to check if your game token is still valid.

Exempli gratia

rssuggestion2.png

rssuggestion.png

Notes:

• The CHECK CLIENT and REFRESH CLIENT buttons are at the bottom of the login page. Under Create new account.
  • I use the official RS client so when the session ends I have to exit and reload the program.

Glad I got that off my breasts.

4e0Vn.png

I would rather see them remove it altogether and allow it to be an optional parental control feature in the future.

What? The session being valid or not is a part of clusterflutter.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

• 2 weeks later...

I would rather see them remove it altogether and allow it to be an optional parental control feature in the future.

What? The session being valid or not is a part of clusterflutter.

The core of cluster flutter was removed months ago and only small fragments remain. The purpose of the session eventually boils down to breaking bots. Shortly after the session was added, bot client developers wrote a subroutine to refresh the client and bypass it. It has no purpose anymore. It is only a painful reminder of the fact we need to go outside.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

• 7 months later...

Got a solution for all of you -- Add a Captcha, and enable refresh of the session token that way! It would totally destroy the need to refresh the page, amongst other things! :thumbsup:

Heck, it might even murder bots! :twisted:

~D. V. "Whadda ya think?" Devnull

(p.s.: Pardon the Thread Necro... I didn't notice the date, and this was the most recent thread on something like this!)

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Got a solution for all of you -- Add a Captcha, and enable refresh of the session token that way! It would totally destroy the need to refresh the page, amongst other things! :thumbsup:

Heck, it might even murder bots! :twisted:

~D. V. "Whadda ya think?" Devnull

(p.s.: Pardon the Thread Necro... I didn't notice the date, and this was the most recent thread on something like this!)

Uhh

Captchas are highly ineffective at deterring bots

<<<snip>>>

Uhh

Captchas are highly ineffective at deterring bots

Not true, especially if you mix in a lot of noise and/or distortion that only a human can actually see past. :geek:

~D. V. "It doesn't have to be simple..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)