help figure out what to do with festive aura

Diomedus

I have several ideas, and I would appreciate help with feasibility and decision making. I have 20 mil in cash, bandos equipment I could sell if needed, and some money tied up in herb seeds

I would love to get 89 smithing so I could finish Varrock and Ardounge achievement diaries, and meet the smithing requierement for the freminik one too.

I would like to use my charms to get closer to 99 summoning, but right now I don't have a lot. 66 talon, 100 obsidian, 14 or so abbysal, 866 crimson, 3200 green, 3500 gold, and 34 blue.

I would like to also push for 96 herblore for overloads

I would like to get 81 mining for red sandstone

I would like to do tree and fruit tree runs for farming

I would like to get 90 agility

I think my priorities would be smithing, herblore, and agility.

I heard someone post that there is a limit of 50k xp or 30 min time limit. Is that true? If so would it be better to do like mining or agility since those are slower and I can get the full 50k xp bonus?

Would it be a good idea to like, camp waterfiends for a while and get more charms? I am planning to do slayer at least after this semester of college ends and things calm down in real life.

Thanks for the help.

Diomedus.png

Diomedus.png

War is not about who's right, it's about who's left

It's 50k or 30 minutes whichever occurs first. So you need to be on about 200k/h xp to get the full bonus. Else it goes to waste. So if you want the *full* bonus, agility and mining are out really. I'd use it on Herb/Summoning depending on prices and how you prioritise having yak/titans against overloads.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Would doing slayer (with the point of training melee, either one specifically or controlled) be a decent option? I don't know what an average xp/hour is with the new combat system.

Diomedus.png

Diomedus.png

It's 50k or 30 minutes whichever occurs first. So you need to be on about 200k/h xp to get the full bonus. Else it goes to waste. So if you want the *full* bonus, agility and mining are out really. I'd use it on Herb/Summoning depending on prices and how you prioritise having yak/titans against overloads.

Actually; it is much better to use the aura on a skill that has a base rate of 200K/HR OR LESS. The reason is that 50k agility exp is more valuble than, say, 50k construction exp, since agility is so much slower to train.

Say you can earn 80k agility exp/hr or 500k construction exp/hr.

If you use the aura on construction, it will give 50k exp over 12 minutes and then wear off, saving you 6 minutes of training construction.

If you use the aura on agility, it will give 20k exp over 30 minutes, saving you 15 minutes of training agility.

The aura stacks with both pendants and penance horn.

If you use the aura with a pendant and still earn less than 50k bonus exp from the aura, you save yourself 22.5 mins of training.

If you use the aura with a penance horn and still earn less than 50k bonus exp from the aura, you save yourself 30 mins of training.

If you use the aura with penance horn and pendant and still earn less than 50k bonus exp from the aura, you save yourself 40 mins of training.

(I'm just stating the time saved from the bonus exp of the aura. The use of a pendant saves more time on top of this, but is invariant).

So, the absolute most efficient use of the aura (in terms of time saved) is to use it on mining or agility, while wielding a penance horn and a pendant.

For now as a full time college student, I'm putting a pretty high value on my time. Runescape time is pretty limited until the winter/christmas break. So I think mining to 81 and agility are the things to do. Thanks Dr. Vermin

Diomedus.png

Diomedus.png

Actually; it is much better to use the aura on a skill that has a base rate of 200K/HR OR LESS. The reason is that 50k agility exp is more valuble than, say, 50k construction exp, since agility is so much slower to train.

Say you can earn 80k agility exp/hr or 500k construction exp/hr.

If you use the aura on construction, it will give 50k exp over 12 minutes and then wear off, saving you 6 minutes of training construction.

If you use the aura on agility, it will give 20k exp over 30 minutes, saving you 15 minutes of training agility.

The aura stacks with both pendants and penance horn.

If you use the aura with a pendant and still earn less than 50k bonus exp from the aura, you save yourself 22.5 mins of training.

If you use the aura with a penance horn and still earn less than 50k bonus exp from the aura, you save yourself 30 mins of training.

If you use the aura with penance horn and pendant and still earn less than 50k bonus exp from the aura, you save yourself 40 mins of training.

(I'm just stating the time saved from the bonus exp of the aura. The use of a pendant saves more time on top of this, but is invariant).

So, the absolute most efficient use of the aura (in terms of time saved) is to use it on mining or agility, while wielding a penance horn and a pendant.

Your logic's flawed here, though. You save the same amount of time regardless of which skill you choose, and regardless of how much bonus XP you get before it expires. You're basically using the same reasoning as the people who claimed that you saved 30x the time by training summoning during the last BXPW, as opposed to 2x the time.

More specifically:

You're comparing training agility for 30 minutes vs. training construction for 12 minutes, as opposed to training both of them for 12 minutes or both of them for 30 minutes. If you train construction for 12 minutes, yes you save 6 minutes of training. But if you train agility for 12 minutes, you also save 6 minutes of training. However, with construction you also save money.

77yLQy8.png

Using the exp rates already assumed:

80k agility exp/hr

500k construction exp/hr

Using the aura, in 30 minutes you would get:

60k agility exp (20k bonus exp)

300k construction exp (50k bonus exp)

The savings:

20k agility exp saves 15 minutes.

50k construction exp saves 6 minutes. It also saves however much gp 50k construction exp costs.

The most time you can save is 15 minutes, anything which gives 200k+ exp/hr saves less time.

The following spreadsheet shows the time saving for different exp rates:

https://docs.google....cHNrQ0E5Rkd3RGc

So, what I will be doing is something close to 200k exp/hr which costs money.

What you can gain from Bafflers spreadsheet is that all skills where xp/hr is less than 200k/hr save the same amount of time (15 minutes). So it is theoretically most efficient to do a buyable skill whose, when doing the most efficient method, xp/hr is less than 200k and costs the most (saves 15 minutes + money). The only skills I can think of which fit this are smithing (Addy plates and below 88; superheating gold ore) and potentially crafting (battlestaves are slightly more than 200k xp/hr). Out of the two smithing is probably the best and easiest (hard to stock up on large amounts of battlestaves).

I am personally going to use mine on Agility as it is one of my least enjoyable skills and I'm not too worried about saving money.

So would mining or agility be a bad idea even though they are "free" to train?

Training mining or agility with a penance horn would be one the most efficient ways you could use the aura. Using the festive aura in such a way will save you 30 mins each use, rather than 15 mins each use.

Other forms of bonus exp, such as clan rings, sc tools and pendants, also multiply the time saved by the festive aura: using the festive aura together with one of these bonus exp tools will save more time than using them both seperately (as long as the exp/hr without the aura remains below 200k/hr).

Using the aura on a skill with a base rate of over 200k exp/hr will save less time. (As there are conflicting views on this point, I would urge anyone in doubt to do their own calculations and draw their own conclusions, rather than relying on the word of others. I personally am quite certain on the matter.)

However, using the festive aura on a skill that costs money to train will save you some money, that should be taken into account too.

You save half the amount of time you put in.

I.e. maxing it in 12 minutes saves you 6 minutes, but not maxing it at all saves 15 minutes.

Productivity, not strict xp/hour, as always.