A few training questions + Player Owned Ports.

Tyler93

Hey everyone, I just have a few questions about training some skills. I'm hoping to get my skills decent enough for Player Owned Ports and have a few other skills I'd like to just get up.

First of all, For the Player Owned Ports, Is there much information about what will be needed for sure to make the armour? I assumed Crafting=Ranged, Runecrafting=Magic, Smtihing=Melee, Is that at all correct or could one of those make any of the three armours? Also, Getting prepared for PoP, What all do I want to have to be prepared?

Now, For training for the PoP, What are some good methods for the following skills? I'm looking for something fast, but not super costly if possible. EXP rates/methods for skills I didn't mention that I may need would be appreciated!

-Smithing (72 to 90. I do have 1 pair of brawling gloves for Smithing)

-Crafting (65-90)

-Herblore (66-90 to 95 or so)

And one last question that I have, With the EoC what are the best ways to train Ranged and Magic? I'm looking to train these and have no idea what I should be doing (94 Magic/87 Ranged).

That's all for questions, Thanks for reading and all help is appreciated, Thanks!

Original Account: Tylersk8shop (Joined: August 2006)
99 Attack, Strength, Defence, Hitpoints and Woodcutting.

for herb i would do prayer pots and resell them. i have run into a brick wall, i was/am making sara brews but they arent selling in ge even 10% below market

range/mage- best to train with slayer

smith- gold using gauntlets which gives 56xp per ore along with wearing varrock task armour

crafting- battlestaffs, depending on your completion of the varrock diary you can purchase so many bstaffs a day

Any idea how much I'd lose on Prayer Potions? Prices seem a little weird right now. Also, How many ores can I expect to do per hour smelting? Anyone close to 100k exp/hour? And yeah, I haven't completed a whole lot of the diaries so I'm kinda screwed there, Any other decent training methods for Crafting?

Original Account: Tylersk8shop (Joined: August 2006)
99 Attack, Strength, Defence, Hitpoints and Woodcutting.

You can try to do harralander tars at break point (0 profit)

1 tar = 29 gp

1 Clean Harralander = 330

1 Harralander tar costs = 330/15 + 29 = 51

You can easily sell them at 50-55 (at 55 it might take ... a ... while)

It is a bit slower but at least you dont spend shitload of money.

======================================================

Crafting

You can try making molten glass with Lunar Magicks, you should make some profit (can't really do the math right now, the prices are a little bit .. crazy-ish, but you'll def. be on the plus side)

Get to 68 smithing and from there on make Mith plate bodies. It can be quite costly but it's very fast. You could easily do a level a day no problem to 90. At 88 if you can afford it, you can make adamant plate bodies which are super fast.

It might be worth noting that at 91 smithing, you'd have the levels for every task that requires smithing so it might be worth going to 91 depending on whether you intend to go for Task Master at a later date.

I_Am_Moses_2.png

Grimy's spreadsheets are your friend for all the questions you posted.

Personally I would suggest:

crafting - green d'hide (-10,35 gp/xp), water bstaves are also a viable option at -3,37 gp/xp

Smithing - steel ingot I to 70 (-4,00 gp/xp, -2,00 gp/xp with SC hammers) Addy ingot I to lvl 90 (-10,4 gp/xp, -5,2gp/xp with SC hammers)

Herblore - super attack pots are -9,87 gp/xp

Just look at how much xp you need and use the gp/xp cost to figure out how much you will spend, e.g. 2M craft xp will cost you about 20,7M if you do green d-hides

And what ever you choose to do please do not attempt to smith gold to lvl 90 even tho they are only -2,4gp/xp, you will go crazy and after the first 10k you will find that watching paint dry is actually a lot more interesting than smithing gold (take it from my experience) Artisans workshop is your firend with SC hammers, AFK for 4mins, restock in 10 seconds, rinse and repeat. I got 95 smith banked there, hopefully they give double rewards for SC this weekend, that'd be beyond awesome. I'd have smith 95 for POP

purekilljoy.png

Get to 68 smithing and from there on make Mith plate bodies. It can be quite costly but it's very fast. You could easily do a level a day no problem to 90. At 88 if you can afford it, you can make adamant plate bodies which are super fast.

It might be worth noting that at 91 smithing, you'd have the levels for every task that requires smithing so it might be worth going to 91 depending on whether you intend to go for Task Master at a later date.

Do not do mith bodies, this has to be one of the worst reccomendations ever. they are currently at -20,93 gp/xp, while addy ingot i without SC hammers is 10,4gp/xp and steel is 4,3 gp/xp. Addy ingot I is also faster than mith plates, so there is no need to ever smith mithril platebodies...

purekilljoy.png