Desert Treasure pyramid traps

dargonhuman

I need someone (or several someones) to confirm this, but I think I may have found a way to prevent accidentally triggering traps in the pyramid run portion toward the end of Desert Treasure. The first few times I tried it, I was fully kitted with armor from the boss fights and because I didn't know what kinds of dangers to expect inside the pyramid, but I kept triggering traps, sometimes on the top floor.

I'm not sure why I thought to do it, but I banked everything I was carrying except for some Energy Pots and Super Antipoisons, put on my Enchanted Water Tiara and Boots of Lightness and tried the run again. This time, I didn't trigger a single trap and the only things that stopped me were the occasional Scarab or Mummy randomly coming out of a crypt.

I'm thinking the traps that drop you outside may be triggered by the total weight you're carrying, but since I've only tried the low-weight method once, it would be helpful if others could try to replicate my results by running the pyramid with heavy and low weights, preferably people who are doing the quest.

If weight has nothing to do with it and my experience was a fluke, then so be it, but if it's replicable, people doing this quest would benefit from that info.

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.