Normal spellbook runes

MRTF

As many of you may have noticed that there are no longer required death or blood runes when casting combat spells in the normal spellbook.

Does anyone know that if this is a bug or is this done by a reason? Also I'd like to see some opinions on how could this affect death and blood rune prices? :-k

In the end this is bad for those who get their money through crafting death- and blood runes :-| and good for those who use these spells.

-Hokuspokus-

hokuspokus.png

Do not lose heart, fight for even the smallest hope. Do not give quarter to the forces of evil. Pursuit kindness and embrace love.

It's not a bug, it was a deliberate decision by jagex. Almost every combat spell can be cast with two types of rune now.

Bloods and deaths are still used on the ancient magicks spell book, but as you suggest the prices of both have crashed quite a bit.

mX0rmhR.gif
Click the image above to be taken to the Wilderness Guardians website.

Advisor in Wilderness Guardians

Honourary Member in Clan Europe

Ex-Leader Of Descendant Guardians and True Supremacy

Pretty sure this is on the wrong forum, but I'll bite.

Chaos runes are worthless now, Death runes are usefull for Bursts and Rushes, and Bloods are really good too since barrage spells are great for slayer now. It is a good change, Malee and/or range didn't pat 1k+ per atack done, so why would magic with weaker attacks?

One of the best EoC changes tbh.

It actually makes magic useable now. It was nonsensical to have one style so much mroe expensive than the others. you can recover most of your Bolts aong with having a cape item (best in the slot for ranged too in terms of stats) that automaticly recovers them, Melee Weapons only have cost of entry/degradation cost. Certain Spells cost upwards of 1.5k per cast, and surge spells were around 600-700. That was absurd and no place n teh game considering amgic was the weakest style apart from Storm of Armadyl.

I don't say best cause it's not pricey anymore, I say it makes sense because it is good for the game, puts all combat styles on even ground and still does not completely disregards Bloods and Deaths, useable in Ancient Magicks, and even then they are cheaper. Best change in EoC apart from ranged/magic weaknesses and Action bar.

Edit: Details

Edited by Demoli