Santa hat Market and Price.

moultonlava

My personal ultimate goal in Runescape is to become the owner of a Santa hat.

I have been researching the value of Santa hats for some time and there current GE price is set at around 138M.

I have also noticed in my observations that after Christmas the price drops drastically being around 90M last July.

I was hoping to see if others have noticed and can confirm that this seems to be the tendency.

Also I was wondering if the GE was a popular place to buy these or if they are more likely to be sold in person.

If any one could give me some feedback on this I would appreciate it.

Also I apologies if this is not the proper place for a post of this nature, the market place seemed to make sense to me.

Standard cycle of the rares market - most of the old holiday item rares peak at their given holiday and have their low point at the opposite side of the year.

It doesn't hit phats so much

But Easter Eggs peak around march/april and are low sept/oct

Crackers and Santas peak around december and are low june/july

Masks are peak around october and low around march/april

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

In previous years, santa actually dropped at Christmas due to the fact that everyone thought the holiday trend worked, so they all bought them and sold them a week or two before Xmas, so in general Christmas eve has been a pretty good time to buy santas in the past 3-4 years or so :P

The current rise is due to the same reason all rares have risen; rampant botting leading to

1. Cheaper gold, more RWT and therefore more demand for rares.

2. Cheaper resources, so people have more spare cash to spend on rares.

I think santa's peaked at around the 200m mark before the first bot nuke, so assuming Jagex continue to let the bots do their thing, might be a good time to buy one now.

• Like 1

Asmodean <3