Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sweeper Issue

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Bomb3213
[ Display Name History ]

Bomb3213

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • RSN:Bomb3213
My dgs worked fine until this latest issue. After the update it worked for awhile but now it doesn't load correctly or something. The keys do not pop up, and the map occasionally will load two maps, one on top of the other. I will go ahead and post screenshots of this in a few minutes, and let me know what (if any) specs you need from me.

http://puu.sh/1U7lP

*Couple notes*:

1) I don't have a screenshot of the weird double map thing, but if it happens again i'll screenshot.

2) Yes I have unminimzed the keys already

Stev
[ Display Name History ]

Stev

Cherremy's Slave

• Members
  • 3,466 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Stev Peifer
Going to go out on a limb here and assume that your antivirus is quarantining My Documents\DGSweeper\resource.dll. Add it to your antivirus' white-list as well as http://www.tip.it/runescape/dgs/resource.dll. Are you using Norton?

09144a99bb.png

Bomb3213
[ Display Name History ]

Bomb3213

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 4 posts
I am indeed using Norton. I will try adding it to my white list and I will let you know. Thanks

Bomb3213
[ Display Name History ]

Bomb3213

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 4 posts
Alright I'm not sure how you find the whitelist for Norton, but i did add the entire Dgsweeper folder to a list to bypass the scan and that works fine. Thanks a lot Stev :D.

Mercifull
[ Display Name History ]

Mercifull

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,130 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Mercifull
  • Clan:Tip.It
You should really search on how to add a specific file to the whitelist rather than bypassing the whole folder just in case something nasty finds its way there.

Posted Image
Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users