RuneScape 2007 Servers - F.A.Q.

Marius

Jagex launched the old (new?) RuneScape 2007 servers not many minutes ago (at the time of this posting), and we'd like to assure you, our users, that SwiftKit will have support for Old School RuneScape as well!

We will need a few days to get things sorted, but rest assured that in a couple of days an update will be out for you all!

So in light of this, a quick F.A.Q. with what most people will be wondering, we'll keep this updated throughout until Old School is officially released.

How do I play Old School on SwiftKit?

Old School is available trough the RuneScape main website, access it using the "Play RS" button like you normally would, and under their banner a new button labeled "Play Old School" will take you to the Old School page (We may make this easier for you to access once Old School is officially released, or earlier if you behave ;) ).

Will the calculators still work?

They most certainly will, most of them at least. Some calculators use new data (like the slayer calculator, and combat calculator), but for skills you'll just get some extra skill buttons available as it stands, but you should be able to use them just fine.

Can I look up my character on the Hiscores?

Yes this can be done by selecting the Old School check box in the top right of your screen.

Can't you just bring back SwiftSwitch!

Unfortunately, SwiftSwitch has not aged that well, there are a few key points that keep us from releasing it at this time, we may look into it, but we make no promise. SwiftKit is our primary focus, and it should be just as useful to you on Old School servers as new servers.

I have a great idea for what SwiftKit needs now that Old School servers are live!

That is awesome! Suggestions and input from our users is what helps us grow and expand. If you have a suggestion please post it in our SwiftKit Suggestions Thread

Thanks for this, when I click on the homepage while on swiftkit and click "play now" it pops IE out instead ?

I have added a link on the SwiftKit news page to the Old School RuneScape homepage. This link will only be temporary. If you are able to load the Old School servers via the button on the runescape home page then I highly recommend you use it as that way the play timers and other stuff will all kick in.

From what I can tell Jagex have just updated the J.A.G link that used to be there. So for some users it is cached still and is opening in a new window, just like the J.A.G button did. The way to fix this is to clear your cache http://windows.micro...-Internet-files

simmo200.png