L O G12's F2P DIY Progress

Hello fellow TIFers, I am new to this "blogging" stuff so any tips are appreciated. My account as of right now is a Level 4 F2P DIY skiller. Why have i chosen such a strange account to make you may ask? Well while the 2007 Servers have came out I loved that era of this game we all enjoy, but I refuse to pay as I have always liked the F2P part of the game more that is why i have chosen a DIY type of account, I'll explain this later. Also this new "EOC" update has ruined combat for me and I don't believe that I will be combating unless I have a sudden urge to do some Dungeoneering.

Pure F2P; When I first began my RuneScape journey back in 06-07 I honestly had no idea that there even was a P2P part of the game, therefore I was always a F2P account and I quickly loved this part of the game, my first account wasn't very successful as I only knew about goblins and cows for the longest time. After getting fed up with these two NPCs I quit. Shortly after I was over a friends house and noticed that he was playing RuneScape so I decided to play again still staying F2P, I quickly learned a lot from my friend and after completing every F2P quest I learned about Skillers, I made my first skiller and i was hooked, I've made tons of F2P skillers but never tried a DIY. Pure F2P means never having access to any P2P aspects of the game.

DIY; Stands for Do It Yourself. I know many people are thinking why would you want to do this when the Grand Exchange has made the game extremely easy? I never thought that the Grand Exchange was a fantastic update, yes it has made skilling and such a lot easier but to each his own I suppose. Being a DIY account is tough in many ways no trading other players using mostly shops or making your own tools for use, with this DIY type account I will also be playing a bit in an old school way, using mostly old school methods, no Bonfires, Artisans, or RuneSpan.

I will be posting screenshots daily of my stats and total experience, I hope everyone enjoys reading through and viewing my progress any questions or tips would be appreciated and thank you for viewing. :)

Welcome to TIF! It's always good to read about my fellow F2P'ers. :)

DIY F2P will be quite the challenge. Good luck with your goals.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Hey Ice and Kaida, thanks a ton for the support!!

Here's what I achieved on the first day not much.

rktt2u.png

Also here is the logs I've cut give or take a few as I had to sell some to the General Store to afford the Steel axe :P

iq91lg.png

For the most part I enjoyed the day and not having to grind out a certain amount of exp, thanks for viewing and as always any tips are welcome.

Thanks a lot Tna Tanker!! I know there isn't many people viewing this post but thanks to anyone who is I appreciate it!

If there is anyone viewing it this morning before I get started again is there any stat you'd like to see me train today, tomorrow, or maybe in the future? I will be training every F2P skill with time but if someone is interested in seeing a certain one done in a DIY style just let me know!!

Hey Jamie thanks for that :) I didn't actually do anything at all today on this account :/ I mostly played Xbox and messed around outside, I'll be back at this probably on Monday I hope everyone viewing has a nice weekend!

• 2 weeks later...

Nice blog, only know of a few people in all of RS who have tried to do a Pure F2P Skiller DIY. Good luck ^.^

-side note- I might suggest adding a few pictures of starting stats/qp/bank/goals to your first post, just so everyone can see how far you manage to progress ;)

o4qq.png

My Pure F2P Blog: CLICK ME

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.