Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How to find Windows key?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Mercifull
[ Display Name History ]

Mercifull

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,130 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Mercifull
  • Clan:Tip.It
My laptop is on the way out but I'd like to try to save the Windows7 licence to use on another machine. It's legitimately paid for and I have a hologram and sticker on the bottom of the laptop.

However... It's faded from use and many of the numbers are obscured or too fuzzy to make out.

Is there a way of finding out the product/licence key from within the OS?

Posted Image
Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Powerfrog
[ Display Name History ]

Powerfrog

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,621 posts
  • RSN:Mr frogger
  • RSN '07:Mr frogger
Start > Computer > System Properties is where you can find the product ID, I'm not sure if you can find the serial key though...

I'm interested in this though as my old laptop runs windows 7 and i need a new key for my current computer too, I wasn't aware you could transfer them.

CNqWHdA.jpg

Sbrideau
[ Display Name History ]

Sbrideau

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,387 posts
  • Location:Saint-Georges, Qu├ębec, Canada (very close to the Maine border)
  • RSN:Sbr
You can only transfer retail keys. If the key came with the laptop, you can't transfer it because it is tied to the motherboard as it is an OEM key.

You need a program to get the key from Windows, but I can't recall the name of the program.

Mercifull
[ Display Name History ]

Mercifull

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,130 posts
  • RSN:Mercifull
  • Clan:Tip.It
Yeah its an OEM key... bugger.

Posted Image
Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users