DGSweeper Update Progress - Please Read

Stev

The past few months DGSweeper's only seen a few updates. The few that it has seen has been simple bug fixes. I've been struggling with a bug that seems to be occurring which causes DGSweeper to seemingly freeze. This bug has been a pain in the ass ever since its rewrite. Well, I bought a couple Monster energy drinks and sat down and studied my work. I noticed a few things.

Browsers create SunAwtFrames as they're needed and name them in the order that they appear. So if I have a Java IRC applet open first, it'll be SunAwtFrame1. Then if I open another tab which has a frame for a video player, it'll be named SunAwtFrame2. Then if I open RuneScape, it'll be SunAwtFrame3. Let me make this a bit easier:

SunAwtFrame1 - IRC

SunAwtFrame2 - Video

SunAwtFrame3 - RuneScape

So, it would make sense to iterate, starting at SunAwFrame1 and continuing looping until SunAwtFrame# isn't found, right? Well, that's what I thought! What happens if I close the video tab? SunAwtFrame2 no longer exists, therefore it doesn't make it to the RuneScape frame before ending the search.

SunAwtFrame1 - IRC

SunAwtFrame3 - RuneScape

I've finally fixed this!

Also, for Jagex client users. I'll try and simplify this so that the average person can understand.

if the process is jagexlauncher
{
  get the applet position
  {
     if the applet position has changed from the last search
     {
        update the positions for map button and the map
        set the search result to true
     }
  }
}
if it's not
{
  set the search result to false
}

Looks solid enough, right? Again, that's what I thought. Stupid me, after you alt-tab or switch windows it correctly sets the search result to false. But what happens when you switch back to RuneScape? Look closely at it; The search result only gets set back to true if the applet has moved or been resized! Again, stupid me!

Unfortunately I can't simply implement it into the current version. My PC decided to screw me over on that one. So, the next update can only be the rewrite or until I figure something out...

The rewrite won't take me long as in previous releases because I'm not remaking all the images and resources. I started it just before yesterday and already have it capturing the map, properly drawing and positioning the windows, properly locating RuneScape. Honestly, it shouldn't be wrong. The longest part will be the HTML interface.

Just thought you guys deserved an update. Let your friends know, I've finally figured it out and I'm working on it!

09144a99bb.png

Good work, glad to see you got your head around it. I have these problems all the time, except mine aren't quite so advanced; HTML(5), CSS(3), PHP, jQuery etc...

Yeah, not so fun. But glad, even though it took a few months, that I finally found the root of it.

So today, since my initial post, I got it to:

• Detect the applet (a lot faster then it used to)

• Capture the map

• Capture the legend

• Place keys

• Place gatestones

• Draw the key, legend, map, and timer windows

• Position and display windows

• Respond to hotkeys

I'm going to add the main interface (the Tip.It window) last, since it'll take the most work, but I may have to release it without DGConnect temporarily just to get it out quickly.

09144a99bb.png