The manly way to do things

Hey Tip.It community!

I'm reletively new to the community aspect of this website but I'll try to make this layout as pleasing as possible.

Why I'm doing this:

It's simple really, I've found that if I put my goals down on paper (not litterally of course) I tend to stick to them better.

Starting stats:

startingstatsj.png

Current stats:

statsmay29.png

The goals:

Massive overhaul in progress on this shit.

The rules:

Changing these up a bit in a little bit

Goal one:

99 cooking.

Yes, yes. We've all seen this goal a hundred thousand times simply because it's one of the easiest.

However, my goal is to not power level this by buying fish and cooking then reselling. I plan on making money doing this, therefor I'll be focusing mostly on making Tuna potatoes/pies/pizzas/other things that make me that cheddar.

99 cooking:

20/40/60/70/80/90/99

Dat cooking tab:

cookingtabmay29.png

Secondary goal:

Reach 75 defence while still stay 20 attack and 1 strength. Not sure why I feel like doing this but hey, why not.

I decided I'll get it entirely at edgeville men on world 14, so if you see me there frequently, stop in and say hi :P

75 defence:

10/20/30/40/50/60/70/75

Why men?

Why not? Good xp when you only have 1 strength. Men also drop herbs, runes, arrows, and clue scrolls.

I plan on doing every cluescroll dropped and saving all loot for a picture at level 75.

Side goal:

Achieving 50 farming, this is more of a side thing inbetween cooking sets to break up my day a bit.

10/20/30/40/50

(under construction)

Good luck! (:

You might get some hate in regards to going for cooking first, but hey, gotta start somewhere.

See, as I said about the cooking, I'll be doing everything 100% self sustained with bank pictures to prove it, hopefully that should curb the hate.

honestly, I just find cooking to be one of the most useful/fun skills in the game.

Thanks for the luck, I'll need it!

Yeah, because DIY Cooking involves fishing all the fish by yourself (obtaining all the bait by yourself too, unless you don't count that.)

Which in turn makes it take much longer, but we knew that already.

When I first started Scaping seriously, I really wanted a Cooking cape. I thought it was a lot of fun. It's a shame there isn't more to do with the skill. We have so many options to create dishes in this game. Not to bring another game into the discussion, but a certain popular MMO allows you combine MANY recipes to create food that not only heals, but boosts certain stats, as well as recipes that can be used to feed a whole team! No reason why RS couldn't add in some of those elements.

Fishing and cooking alone, or that old standby for those with money, wines that you will never use, is probably part of what makes Cooking have such a bad rap.

So it seems I'm going to need a doners portion of my blog.

I didn't expect any hand outs yet some people who've seen my blog have decided to donate.

Thank you knight Chad for the 5k sweet corns

Thank you Alpha Aerial for the 200 raw potatos 1k raw tuna and 200 pats of butter.

Guess I'm making a lot of tuna and sweet corn potatoes o.O

as a side not, does anyone know why my post count isn't registering?

Wait I thought this was diy??

It is, I decided to NOT use them until AFTER I've already reached 99 cooking

As a side note, does anybody know a way to get a decent amount of butter/tomatoes/other important cooking supplies?

Currently I'm using cooking guild and culinomancer chest (only level 1 chest though)

Hmm, I wish you good luck. But accepting donations, even to use after you get 99 cooking would mean your not self sustaining, as you've accepted donations from others players.

You stated in your rules

The rules:

1. No trading with other players to give me an advantage. (Broken, accepted donations)

2. Everything self sustained. (Accepted donations, so no longer self sustainable)

3. Buying from NPC shops is alright, no grand exchange though.

Either way, Good luck to you Silence RS. Will definitely be stopping by again. Keep up the good work.

~ AFO Zodiac

"A pile of wealth, or a pile of bones" - Zodiac Lotus 2014.

10 year veteran cape - 03/03/15

Zodiac_lotus.png

Hmm, I wish you good luck. But accepting donations, even to use after you get 99 cooking would mean your not self sustaining, as you've accepted donations from others players.

You stated in your rules

The rules:

1. No trading with other players to give me an advantage. (Broken, accepted donations)

2. Everything self sustained. (Accepted donations, so no longer self sustainable)

3. Buying from NPC shops is alright, no grand exchange though.

Either way, Good luck to you Silence RS. Will definitely be stopping by again. Keep up the good work.

~ AFO Zodiac

Well I admit you are correct, my level 1-99 self sustained was my main goal as DIY, nothing past that.

(incase you're wandering, I did not use any of the items donated to me, I simply banked them for post-99 use)

However, in light of responses I have returned the gifts back to the people who had given me them.

They were not happy but eh, you guys are right.

Bumping with updates-

In the process of making 5k tuna potatoes.

Anybody know a faster way to gather sweetcorn aside from farming? Is there any shops aside from the G.E?

also bowls, I need a lot more bowls so if anybody knows any stores with a large quantity relatively close to bank I'd appreciate it

Unforunately Silence, not a lot of places do sell Bowls, occasionally the general store will have some in stock i believe, other then that. The Culinarynecromancers Chest in the basement of the Lumbridge Castle has about 10 in stock once you complete Recipe for Disaster. My best suggestion for you my friend, is to head to Barbarian Village/Gunners Ground, and mine clay and craft it into bowls. As for the Sweetcorn, Unfortunately... Farming is your only way to acquire Sweetcorn.

I hope this helps.

~ AFO Zodiac

"A pile of wealth, or a pile of bones" - Zodiac Lotus 2014.

10 year veteran cape - 03/03/15

Zodiac_lotus.png

Yeah, unfortunately farming is the only way to get sweetcorn. But it's not bad for XP. I still grow some occasionally at 90+ Farming, when I remember to. (Though, obviously at present I've got some of the new seeds in there.)

Worse comes to worse, empty out and re-use the ones you've got, if you're only grinding XP. Not an ideal solution, but deserves a mention.