need some tips on my house layout

Pro_Questor

so i recently felt that my house layout needed a remodeling and i thought of a layout that i think is great, can somone check and tell me if i should change anything?

DHFPzei.png

::::¸.²² | ²`²¸

:².²¸ ||¸²..'²:::²¸¸²¸²²¸¸²¸²²¸Pro Questor

| ==== || ==== |:::¸²²¸²¸²¸²¸,¸.The Official Seal.¸¸²¸²¸²²¸

:²¸¸² || ²¸.¸:::.²¸¸²¸²²¸¸²of a Master Quester²¸¸²²¸²¸²¸

:::::'²,¸,|,¸,²':::¸²¸²²¸²¸¸²²¸¸²²¸²¸¸²²¸¸²²¸²¸¸²²¸¸²²¸

I say nix all the rooms you don't need. Leave it at quest hall/portals/garden/chapel/costume room, and 2 bedrooms, if you plan on training con any time soon.

I recommend doing something like this with your Chapel, Portal rooms and Quest hall:

zZGAGDh.png

Make sure that your Entrance portal and your Chapel are positioned in a way so that your Character appears closest to the Chapel when you enter. (Also known as north-facing altar in World 31.)

This is important if you want to save time while training Prayer (If you plan on training Prayer there, that is.)

The Glory is positioned in that fashion so that it is accessed faster after finishing your load of Bones/Ashes.

Portal rooms being positioned in that manner allows you to reach your portals faster when you use a House teleport tablet. (I recommend having Varrock, Lumbridge, Falador, Camelot, Ardougne and Kharyrll portals; Just have your house in Yanille and exiting from the entrance portal will do nearly the same thing.)

thanks a lot guys for the posts

::::¸.²² | ²`²¸

:².²¸ ||¸²..'²:::²¸¸²¸²²¸¸²¸²²¸Pro Questor

| ==== || ==== |:::¸²²¸²¸²¸²¸,¸.The Official Seal.¸¸²¸²¸²²¸

:²¸¸² || ²¸.¸:::.²¸¸²¸²²¸¸²of a Master Quester²¸¸²²¸²¸²¸

:::::'²,¸,|,¸,²':::¸²¸²²¸²¸¸²²¸¸²²¸²¸¸²²¸¸²²¸²¸¸²²¸¸²²¸

I have a slightly different setup than most, as I don't use the teleports as much, and for pray training I use the tokkul-zo instead. But here's how I ended up setting my house up after a while, and I think i would switch a few things around just for ease too but I'm too lazy haha.

housex.png

Anyway, I have it setup like this so i can run through and recharge pray and summ fast and then go on and tele using my glory if i need to, or on to the portals if you prefer them. If I need to train my construction for a daily, the bell pull is right there, and also for oak larders if i want to level up with my own planks. Overall it has most of the different kinds of rooms you could want, and if not you can always add on to the top, or make a dungeon. :)

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:
[hide=Wio, lol]logioh.png[/hide]

First a question: what rooms do you have at the moment, rooms that you are *not willing to move* I mean?

Before rebuilding, I strongly suggest you to ask your friends if you can see their houses. When there, ask them for a guided tour, and especially ask them to tell you what they like most with their layout, and what they like least.

Things to pay attention to when you visit other players houses are

• function - where you arrive - in relation to altar and other rooms you use freequently, for example the rooms that pingouin7 posted, but do think about what other rooms you use often. Portral rooms are a lot less important than they used to be, since the addition of lodestones to the game.
  • Basic looks - what walls and floor do you think look best. Walking around in different persons houses really make you realize how different the basic impression of the house may be - how do the gardens and menagerie look in relation to the house? Also, sometimes your pets tend to get stuck in one room like the portral room which only have one door, and thats no fun to have them stuck in there - but I am not sure what to think of to avoid that.
  • Ground floor, upstairs and basement. Have you thought this over? IMO, some of the nicest houses I visited had a few function rooms and a lot of gardens + menagerie at ground floor, and the rest in the basement, no upper level, but that is a personal opinion.

You have a good basic layout I think. I assume you plan to arrive in the garden next to the chapel? But I dont see a basement. If you at some point plan to build a basement, do think about its basic layout now even if you dont build right now. Like oubliette under throne room, do you want more than one place to go down into the basement and such. Maybe you dont want a basement at all, thats fine of course :)

Please think before you ask a question. If you ask the right question, its much more likely you get the answer you are looking for :)

Gugge.png

Moly.png