Chaotics - what and why?

Slyfoxuk

Apologies if this is thick but I m trying to get my head around what chaotics to get/use and why.

I'm looking at melee at this stage as it's my preferred option and ranged is ok for now (I won't be using mage much so that can be ignored for now). Basically I've seen suggestions of rapier and claw before but don't really know what I should be getting. I was planning to get dual claws originally (thinking it'd be quicker to get the main hand with only 100k tokens) but then remembered I'd need 80 dungeon anyway so would be on 200k regardless.

Simply - rapier or claw (dual), and if possible, why?

Slyfoxuk.png

Claw. It has better Dps and you should be using an ee offhand anyway so save the hundred k tokens for something else like charming imp, arc stream etc.

Claw has crit bonus. Otherwise DPS is the same we other chaotics. But it's cheaper in terms of tokens anyway

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

You could also get Chaotic maul if you really want to use 2h abilities. It depends on the situation, though. But in most cases, you'll be better off with Chaotic claw main hand + EE.

Also, if they do end up nerfing EE in the near future (it's on their to-do list), you might want to get Off-hand chaotic claw as well. Don't buy the spikes just now, though; KEep the tokens saved up and use EE for the time being; only buy the spikes for the Off-hand once they nerf EE.

You definitely want the claw just because it's cheaper. Enhanced Excalibur has your offhand covered, so you only need a mainhand weapon, and the claw is half the price of the others. And even if Excalibur gets nerfed and you need to buy an offhand chaotic to go with it, you're still saving 100k compared to a rapier or longsword. They have the same DPS, so no point wasting tokens.