Albel's top games you should own. (back after almost a 3 year break)

Albel

I’ve been gaming since I was 6, and started gaming a lot when I turned 12. When I was 12 it was 2003, so I didn’t play a lot of the great classics back in the day. This list is going to be based on how much time I’ve put into a game, amount of fun it provided, and also trying to put games on here people may not have played or have heard of.

Also, most of the games on this list is on the PS2…bite me.

I will also providing IGN scores and reviews of each of the games in you might be interested in them.

Starting with a fun TBS that I only played one game of the series of:

[hide=Front Mission 4]

System Play Station 2; Release June 15, 2004.

http://www.ign.com/a...front-mission-4

Picked this game up around 2005’ got it with a friend when we saw the trailor…thinking “Oh man…look at that we can use giant robots to blow things up!!” My friend and I were in for a letdown however. We quickly realized it was a TBS. While we were bummed out…we warmed up to the game and it became a all time favorite of mine.

What the game provided was customization that I haven’t seen in any game. With so many weapons, parts, and skills, you could play the game how you wanted to play it. Wanted to have a team full of snipers, have at it…wanted a team that had nothing but missiles launchers, you could do it.

The story was…was okay. At the time I thought it was great, but looking back it wasn’t all it was cracked up to be.

Only issues with the game was how confusing it was, and the interface was unforgiving for a young gamer. But it provided me something at a young age; patience. Matches could last a long time…and there was no way to make it go faster.[/hide]

Now onto some RPG’s. First one being one of my favorite games of all time.

[hide=Start Ocean Till the end of Time]

; System Play Station 2; Release August 31, 2004

http://www.ign.com/g...-time/ps2-17107

When I was growing up…my games were RPS’s. This was my favorite genera besides flight sims (will be later on in the list). I could put the normal…Finaly Fantasy…or Kingdom Hearts series of game but I wanted to put a game I feel in love with.

Star Ocean is a series that’s been around for a while. This in my opinion was one of the most successful of them. My fourm name even came from this game :D The story is truly immersive. The ability to choose characters that come with you, relationships with those characters. The creation system…massive story and even bigger secret stories.

To give an idea about how big the game was. The final boss in the story was around level 64. The level cap was 255. I got to level 225 before I stop playing. I spent a entire summer and then some playing it. Top 5 game all time for me.[/hide]

Next up, another JRPG.

[hide=dot hack INFECTION]

Also included , MUTATION, OUTBREAK, QUARTINE

System Play Station2 (4 part game) first game release on February 11, 2003

http://www.ign.com/g...-disc/ps2-17477

.dot hack is one of my favorite animes of all time. The game was pretty good and provided me with hours of fun. My best friend bough the first one of the games was back in 2004 I bought the second one later that year…he bought the third one and I bought the fourth one. It was a lot of fun to do this way back then

The strong point of the DH games was the story. Very deep, and worth the headache of an average combat system. As of late I am thinking or redoing the series again for old times sake. While the game never really progressed as you went into the series; enemies were the same just stronger, weapons stayed the same, simple combat system, the story grew to almost an obsession to me as it neared the end. Entire series too right at 95 hours to complete and I loved every minute of it.[/hide]

One more series on the PS2.

[hide=Ace Combat 5; The Unsung War System]

Play Station. Release October 25, 2004

http://www.ign.com/g...ck-2/ps2-497751

When I was growing up I loved games like this. I wanted to join the Air Force and fly jets. But with me becoming a diabetic when I turned 9 that idea quickly left my mind when I became a teenager. The Ace Combat series of games was the only way I could live this fantasy of mine.

The gameplay was always enjoyable. It was hard enough to make you think, but easy enough to make you have fun. With over 30 missions, 50 aircraft, and a story line where the player can make decisions the game was a master piece in my eyes. One of the few games I cried while playing it. (RIP second lieutenant Davenport.)[/hide]

How about a MMO?

[hide=EVE Online]

Release May 6, 2003; System, PC

http://www.ign.com/g...online/pc-16746

Started playing this game during a break while playing Runescape. Played the free 15 day trail…and to be honest I had no idea what I was doing. The game is very unforgiving in terms of the learning curve and just the sheer amount of things you can do in the game. These flaws, eventually turns into strengths for the game in my opion. While the story is not very deep, the fact you an join a corp and run a section of space is very fun. Another reason I love this game is you do not have to be on to train. Skills gain Xp even while away, so you can take breaks from the game while working on skills that can take weeks to learn.

With an awesome and dedicate game community and CEO's, this game will be around for a long time to come[/hide]

Last game, that while not very old, is in my top 3 of all time games.

[hide=Bastion]

Release July 20, 2011. System PC, Xbox 360

http://www.ign.com/g.../xbox-360-85701

With me getting a gaming computer my gaming has gone beyond the consoles. I am now a pure PC gamer, which has opened me up to Steam, and a metric ass load of new games to play. I picked this game up during the Humble Indie Bundle last year and was disappointed. I can say right now, this is my number two game of all time behind Star Ocean TTEOT. The story, setting, atmosphere, music, narration, and just over vibe of the game was truly breathtaking. Everything was perfect, except the fact the game was short.

Really let me see the light of how good the indie game industry was. Some games are good, but this was by far the best.[/hide]

I wanted to give everyone something different on this list. I left a lot of my other favorite games. Zelda games for sure, Final Fantasy, Classic Nintendo games and amazing old time PC games. Hopefully people will get something out of this, if anything a taste of my gaming prowess.

• Like 2

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

A list full of games I've never played, except for Bastion. Might be impossible to locate some, but I'll check out what I can.

• Like 1

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Bastion.

One of the very few games I have bought for my iPad.

Simply one cannot be a gamer without playing this, specially now when it is available on nearly every platform.

• Like 1

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

• 4 weeks later...

I played the hell out of Star Ocean (Think I got around 65 hours playtime into it) I had the strategy guide so I knew all the tricks etc. I guess the final boss was a measly lv 64, but there was a special boss I forget the name now but it was a white thing at the top of some tower 99 floors or something and I think it was like lv 250. I never did beat the boss cause it would always use this 1 move that decimated my party, and I think the fight was a 30 minute fight usually even if you won. The .hack series was good, but it just got way too repetitive. I really wanted to beat the final game but the repetitive nature of it kept me from finishing the final game and I sold them all off. I did like the mini series movie that came with the games though if that counts lol.

• Like 1
Dakr06.png

Journey.

Gotta add Journey.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc