Defense Potion ingredients changed

The ingredients for the basic defense potion have changed to Marrentil and Bear Fur.

You may already know but if so it's not been updated on the potions table in the herblore skill guide. I don't know if the xp or level for it has changed with it.

I did not know that. I looked it up at the RS Wiki on Wikia, and it also seems that it has changed from being an members' (P2P) only item, to a F2P one. I was wondering if that was the case, since I know that bear fur is a F2P item, and it would appear marrentill herbs are too.

I keep forgetting that some time back, Jagex moved some items to F2P to balance out the massive amount of content that had been added to member worlds.

Hey BobbieK,

thanks for the post.

All of this happened when Jagex allowed f2p to have access to the first 5 levels of all members skills.

They changed around a few things in the lower level herblore section, and the item entry is one which I would have overlooked so thanks for the reminder.

The change has been made, and you've been credited.

It was:

Combining Ranarr potion (unf) and White berries - requires level 30 Herblore and gives 75 Herblore xp.

It is now:

Combining Bear fur and Marrentill potion (unf) - requires level 9 Herblore and gives 45 Herblore xp.

Also, it's now a f2p item. All these changes are now reflected in their item entries.

Also, I've updated the herblore guide on the site. It should all be up to date, except for a few of the low level barbarian mixes which I'll get to soon.

Thanks again.