Imcando Pickaxe

chenw

Here is every information I have gathered regarding the newest Imcando Pickaxe:

In order to wield the Pickaxe, you need to have 60 attack (same as dragon weapons). To use it as a pickaxe, you must have 81 mining or higher.

You must also have completed Birthright of the Dwarves to make and wield the pickaxe.

The components required to make the pickaxe are:

Imcando Pickaxe Fragmens 1, 2, 3 & 4

Gilded Dragon Pickaxe (the pickaxe may be either as an item or on the toolbelt, with latter taking priority over the former, but it MUST be gilded).

1 million GP

1 Redberry Pie.

Take these items to Thurgo near the Blurite cavern and he will make it for you.

The Imcando Pickaxe has three effects, one which is independent of the other:

1. The inherent 'always on no matter what' effect: when mining any ores, there is 1/4 chance that the ore is destroyed and gives you smelting xp same as you would get if you smelted the ore. So for example, if you mined Mithril, and it gets destroyed, you will also get 30 smithing XP. If Coal was destroyed, it yields 18 XP. If gold is destroyed, goldsmith gauntlets will also affect the smithing experience (IE 22.5XP without gauntlets, 56.2XP with).

2. The second 'this thing eats charges' effect: when mining anything, you will automatically get 20% extra exp per ore, at a cost of 1 charge per ore. I do not have any information whether extra ores generated by Varrock armor consumes additional charges, but I will update here as soon as I do. The pickaxe comes with 100 charges. This bonus xp is also boosted by the mining outfit, but is unaffected by other % XP boosts.

3. Pick quality: The pickaxe works better than Dragon Pickaxe while inside Lava Flow mines, and works exactly like Dragon Pickaxe outside of Lava Flow Mines.

In order to obtain the fragments, you must go into the Lava Flow mines and wait for a Lava Geyser to appear. When it appears, it will be randomly placed in the mine, and a chat message will warn you of the fact.

The Lava Geyser must first be cooled down by using any Water or Ice spells on it (abilities will work as long as auto cast is set to either type of spell), no other forms of damage will damage it. The Geyser has 30,000 health, and when it is 'killed', it solidify into a column of rock. This will allow you to mine it. The Geyser can be mined 31 times in total (counted accross all players), and anyone who participated in the mining, even if it is just 1 hit, will receive a fragment. You do not need to damage it before hand to obtain credit for it.

The geyser will last for 31 hits, and every hit yields 500 xp (For a total of 15,500 xp per geyser)

The geyser looks like this:

4I3rZ.png

After cooling down:

4I3sk.png

The big column of rock in the middle of lava to the left is the cooled geyser.

The fragments are dropped in order of 1, 2, 3, 4.

Once you have all 4 fragments, you can then take it to Thurgo and have it made.

When making the pickaxe out of the one in your belt, your belt will be replaced by an Iron Pickaxe. Also if you have a Gilded Dragon Pickaxe in both inventory and Toolbelt, he will use the one in your toolbelt over the one in your inventory.

To recharge your Imcando Pickaxe, simply mine the hardened Geyser and it will be recharged.

Note, the pickaxe can only hold 100 charges, regardless of how charges you started with when you recharged it.

Also, when there is an Imcando Pickaxe in your inventory, you cannot obtain anymore fragments.

When there is no Imcando Pickaxe in your inventory, you will always get a fragment after mining the geyser, regardless of whether or not if you have any fragments on you or any fragments or Imcando Pickaxe in your bank.

I am posting this here first, there are some more information I am on the process of finding out:

1. Whether the fragments have any use after obtaining the pickaxe, as far as I know you cannot have more than 1 pickaxe at the same time.

2. Whether the pickaxe will work like a pickaxe against TzTok-Ket-Dill. I have heard Dominion Tower version works, but no confirmation for the Elder Kiln version.

Any images I posted here are free to be used by the Tip It Crew team and webside, anyone else will require my prior permission

EDIT: Turns out Gold Smithing Gauntlets do not boost the XP for destroying gold ores, so it is still only 22.5 XP per gold ore

• Like 1

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Hey there, we're adding the pickaxe as we speak and this information is very useful so thanks a lot! I'm going to credit you in the pickaxe entries as well as the Lava flow mine guide when that gets updated, should I credit you under your forum name or another? :D

dczlnn.pngUSPPEP8.pngdczlnn.png

Forum name should be fine (I think that's name I am usually credited with).

Oh btw, "hardened Geyser" isn't actually called that (It's still called Lava Geyser), but I used it to distinguish before and after cooling down.

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

• 2 weeks later...

Imcando works on the Kiln Dill

Also the extra fragments appear to have no function after making the imcando pickaxe, except for making another one when the pick is lost

tim_chenw2.png

• 4 weeks later...