new Laptop with Intel HD Graphics

Shady Character

Hi Guys!

I'm planning on getting a new laptop (toshiba sat pro c850-1HG). basically its just for streaming movies, music and playing rs. it comes with a i5-3230m processor and integrated intel HD graphics 4000.

my question is will this laptop be able to run rs at max setting (ok maybe not will full AA) as the game is now, and once HTML5 is outa beta version. i know intel graphics cant hold up to a dedicated Video card like Nvida GTX or RADEON 5000 which is what they suggest on the homepage for HTML 5. I want to know if i can get away with the laptop ive mentioned. 

Lemme know what u guys think!

De_Toke.png
max.png
Quest cape since Jan. 30th, '08

Just saw this, and here's a fair note -- Whatever they've posted as the minimums/suggestions is more than likely a severe understatement.  You'll probably want nothing less than a Core i7, preferably running at a minimum clock of 3.9 GHz, and either an NVidia GTX 700-series or a Radeon HD 7000-series.  Anything less will likely not be enough, given how bloated things are in this day and age, so save some extra cash up. :(

~D. V. "I hate to burst your bubble, but..." Devnull

(p.s.: BTW, I loathe being a 'doomsayer', so I hope I'm wrong this time!)

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

It can handle directx mode just fine.

I have better specs than what D.V.Devnull mentioned and I still have trouble with html5. You can forget about it on laptops.

Devnull, an i5 should suffice in this day and age. i7 is for very heavy programs.

HTML5 is very far from being optimized. I can't wait until we see the actual specs it'll need when it's out of beta.

Hey guys thanks for the replies!

Sounds like what i'm looking at should suffice for now.

Does anyone know what the min specs are to run RS as it is now on max settings (with AA)?

De_Toke.png
max.png
Quest cape since Jan. 30th, '08

Hey guys thanks for the replies!

Sounds like what i'm looking at should suffice for now.

Does anyone know what the min specs are to run RS as it is now on max settings (with AA)?

You won't have any trouble with that laptop for the current RS.