Good combat XP for beginners

Shadiggs

Hello, I'm wondering where should I train my combat skills from 30-60. Right now i'm training and earning money on cows which is not that bad but I think it can get faster then that.

My combat levels:

Attack: 30

Strenght: 32

Defence: 30

Hitpoints: 32

Truthfully when I started out on Dorelei, I went straight into slayer. There aren't a lot of areas that offer better exp than anywhere else when you're just starting out...so basically it doesn't really matter what you're doing. Slayer is needed for some important quests like Smoking Kills, Desert Treasure, Royal Trouble, etc so it's worthwhile to train it early on while you're getting your stats up.

The problem is money though. Gear is cheap but early-level slayer doesn't make a lot of money for you. I'd recommend hitting farming hard - do allotments and oak/apple trees alongside herb runs. The exp is ridiculously cheap (the seeds you need often buy at 1-50gp ea) and you will eventually hit the levels for herbs like ranarrs and avantoe, which will start to help you make money. You'll need to buy gear frequently as you level (every tenth level, so t30 gear then t40 and so on) so sell back your previous gear when you're done with it to save a bit of cash.

If you're ever completely broke, you can make decent cash by collecting things like mort myre fungi or farming easy-level clue scrolls. Hell, even an hour of chopping oak trees will get you enough cash to buy your next set of gear.

Just focus on getting to a decent att/str/def level (60's+) in effective ways, like with slayer. This sounds grindy, but slayer will provide a decent variety that will allow you to try out different combat styles (mage/range/melee) and see different places. You'll learn more about the map, how weaknesses work, etc just by reading up a few minutes on each area. It's a great way to fall in love with the game and make training actually fun.

At your level, you'd use the slayer master Vannaka found in the edgeville dungeon.

• Like 2

hzvjpwS.gif

In addition to Slayer, Dungeoneering may be of interest to you. It provides decent xp in a number of skills (combat and skilling), and the tokens provide some useful rewards, including the best f2p weapons. I'm not sure whether you are P2P or F2P (because that changes matters a lot). If you are F2P, you can also go for things like minotaurs in the Stronghold of Security.

If you try Dungeoneering, make sure to get someone to make you some good binds.

• Like 1

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted