IAmA Stormy Day - Construct

Pole (Melee)  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which method should I use to finish melee?

• General Graardor (450k?)
    • Airuts (350k + prayer?)
    • Orks (40-hour afk sessions)
    • HMDG (old efficient) reborn warriors huehue too much xp
    • Cauldron (old efficient)
    • Buy spins for training dummies
    • Slayer (pls no)
    • Other? Reply.

Updated for 2/15. Glacors proved very interesting today. While I did not get 100m today, im getting closer to that halfway mark. 

Anyways, I got a glaiven and a ragefire today in the same trip, roughly 20 kills apart. That was nice. And my pet didnt destroy either of the boots! not bad.

In the meantime, I am continuing the testing for my guide. Virtus wandbook do not need further testing as i have many many hours with that, with 125-135 kph, depending on my access to scrimshaws and what aura I use. Arma battlestaff testing has been completed, yielding 95-105 kph. However, it felt extremly clunky and after a while, i came to hate that staff so much that i donated it to maeror =]. Melee testing has for now set a benchmark of ~80+ kph. However, it is likely after some ability theorycrafting and optimizing that the kills are faster than that. Abyssal wand testing will commence whenever deo wants to lend me one.

6YeDF.jpg

Accepting all guide contributions =]

Stormy_Day.png

atMEj.png

100M mage@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

6ZthQ.jpg

Anyways, got 100m mage then did 2 slayer tasks. Airut + wyvern <3. Dagannoths now, going to see if dks get fixed before doing any of them.

6ZxqT.jpg

Summoning collection for dxpw is going fine too. Also have ~2500 charms in spirit gems. Planning on gaining ~55m summ xp over the weekend.

6ZxFu.jpg

Stormy_Day.png

atMEj.png

Did not do much magic today. I will probably be focusing more on the slayer side after dxpw. I did get these gloves today which was nice

w28Bdj3.png

Anyways, 3rd to last glacor update for a while

723JV.jpg

Stormy_Day.png

atMEj.png

• 3 weeks later...

First update in almost a month!

Hmm, so first came bonus xp weekend. I got roughly 51m summoning xp

7m2dr.png

Possibly the worst clue ever?

i8wsadZ.jpg

Then continued the slayer, with a few random tasks in there.

One of the DK tasks, much hatchet

JGqrbFC.png

Another DK task, much rdt

8W40n9K.jpg

Another DK task, with much less rare drop table

LOP7Gpy.png

And the most recent DK task

AhivBXe.jpg

Zammy task!

UueHrqE.jpg

Dominion tower turning in stufff

RM0i6Z5.jpg

Then I cleared out my bank a bit lol 

pnr5jwr.jpg

Lucky BGS@@@

JyN8i4V.jpg

And finally, today I got pneu gloves

7m1IL.png

Stormy_Day.png

atMEj.png

• 2 weeks later...

i have been doing a lot of abyss these past few days because its so easy and i cba to play. Still, I did 2 glacor trips today for a bit of exp.

Someone was asking about the interface I use for glacs, its like this pretty much. Details of how i do kills below

7G6wQ.jpg

That spot is the easiest one to use, start the north, east, and west spawns standing on that square. For the south spawn, stand 1 square west when you start kill. However, it is not the optimal spot to use, for that, there is a better one that only works on high-spawn because you only have 3 spawns. 

Combust used solely for initial hit on enduring. Impact used as "fixer" whenever you mess up (usually for finishing off glacytes alive after breath) Sac should be used if asphy>wrack does not finish off glac.

Start trip with south spawn, when glacytes spawn, combust, 1 north for distance, chain, 1 north for lure, concentrated, then dragonbreath on unstable which will be in front of sapping. Finish kill with asphy-wrack-sac, trying not to end with conc (reason to be explained sometime in future).

South spawn > north spawn, starting wherever you end up from south spawn with conc, move immediately after 2nd hit of conc to the tile in the picture or any tile directly south of it, while staying in range, then wild ->wrack. Glacytes spawn, combust, chain, move south however many you want to lure, conc. dragonbreath on sapping in front of unstable (i think). Finish with asphy-whatever, if it dies too fast override asphy with a basic to get back to 93%adren.

North spawn > east spawn, move to starting tile, start wrack or conc. Immediately sunshine when 100%, auto-wrack-impact-wrack. Glacytes spawn, combust enduring, chain, move 3 steps north, conc, then dragonbreath on unstable in front of sapping. Moving back to start tile optional, as you are on the correct side anyways, asphy glacor. If this leaves you with <48% adren override asphy early to get to >=48%.

East spawn > west spawn, stay on any tile from the start tile to 3 north of start tile (So you are still in sunshine). auto-wild magic on glacor, optional wrack. As glacytes spawn, move back to start tile. combust on enduring, run east arbitrary number of tiles, then chain (try not to chain after running 4 east, as this aggros the south spawn). conc, then dragonbreath sapping in front of unstable. Finish kill as usual, then move to 1 west of start tile and repeat from south spawn. 

This is not optimal as you sunshine every 4 glacors when for max efficiency you should be ulting every 3 glacors. However, that spot is harder to describe.

Stormy_Day.png

atMEj.png

• 2 weeks later...

First update in a long time:

Got 150M magic experience thing. Final Stretch incoming.

2 Pics of loottab. I stopped getting boots after 10 of each. Must be a conspiracy.

I will be giving away a set of glacor boots when I hit 200M. More info shortly.

ZdY0352.jpg

EzjHrRE.jpg

yuJPnQQ.jpg

Stormy_Day.png

atMEj.png

Announcing the Boot Set GiveawayTM

Conditional on me reaching 200M magic experience, I will be celebrating by giving away one (1) set of Glacor boots. (Steadfast+Glaiven+Ragefire)

Simply message me or post with a guess of how many Shards of Armadyl I will have at the end of my journey. To make things a bit harder, I make no promises of solely doing glacors until then. Abyss may be somewhere in the future for me. Also, I do daily abyssal demon tasks with magic.

Open to all except Leiks.

I do like 1 hr 20 mins -1 hr 25 mins of mage a day, which is about 1m xp/day.

I might ramp it up a bit to do 2m/day soon though.

As for defense, I'm not sure, it depends on how much combat xp I can expect from max slayer. With the addition of celestial dragons as a task, the combat xp has shifted towards range a bit and I would have to make sure range doesn't get to 200m before slayer does, or else I become like leik.

Stormy_Day.png

atMEj.png