Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Bossing for the first time

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

razmadazzle
[ Display Name History ]

razmadazzle

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 34 posts

I kinda wanna start doing bosses, preferably solo, but i dont know if i can. I never done it before so i want to start slowly, with some easier bosses.

My skills are :

99 Attack

99 Strength

98 Constitution

95 Defense

82 Prayer

70 Summoning

My gear mostly is :

Bandos Chestplate

Bandos Tassets

Mighty Slayer helmet

Bandos Boots

Sixth Age ring

Skillcape (t)

''Barrow'' Gloves (from Recipe for Disaster)

Chaotic Rapier and Enhanced Excaliber (Also got a Bandos Godsword)

Fury

I was thinking if KBD was a viable first boss i should attempt?

Komodo_Jo
[ Display Name History ]

Komodo_Jo

Scorpion Pit

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 537 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Komodo Jo

You'd own the KBD.  With those stats you should also find it no trouble to solo tougher bosses, such as the Godwars dungeon bosses.  Just check out some guides, watch some videos, or even join us for some TMHT events to start learning the ropes.

Also, a tip: To help out with bossing, you should try to get 92 prayer for Soulsplit, and then 95 for Turmoil (and the range/mage counterparts).  Once you have the money for it (if you don't already) upgrading your gear (especially weapons) would also be good.

Drop List

razmadazzle
[ Display Name History ]

razmadazzle

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 34 posts

TMHT events? What are they? How can i join? And i thought Chaotic weapons were pretty good?

Justicay
[ Display Name History ]

Justicay

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • RSN:Justicay
  • Clan:EE

You'll beat every boss in the game easily with the correct gear at your levels. However, at your current gear I would advice you to go bandos/zammy/sara/QBD/KBD/KQ.

justicay.png

Levells
[ Display Name History ]

Levells

Bear Fur

• 409 posts

TMHT events? What are they? How can i join? And i thought Chaotic weapons were pretty good?

Tip.It Monster Hunting Team, of which Jo and I are apart of. Events are advertised in that forum section, as well as the home page. We tend to have less strict requirements than forum masses/teams and the purpose is generally to help introduce people to a boss is a more safe environment (large groups). Jo is hosting a Dagannoth Kings event tomorrow.

Chaotics will only get you so far, especially at the higher bosses like Nex, Vorago, ROTS, and KK. Can you use them there? yes. Will you have a harder time/slower kills, etc? Yes. Lvl 90 weapons are miles ahead of lvl 80. In addition, unless you have friends willing to take you, most forum groups would probably refuse someone who doesn't have at least 1 lvl 90 style (if swaps are needed for the boss, some accept a lvl 80 as a swap only)

razmadazzle
[ Display Name History ]

razmadazzle

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 34 posts

Are there any cheap Lvl 90 weapons?

Levells
[ Display Name History ]

Levells

Bear Fur

• 409 posts
Drygores maces

razmadazzle
[ Display Name History ]

razmadazzle

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 34 posts

Wouldnt exactly call that cheap :P

Levells
[ Display Name History ]

Levells

Bear Fur

• 409 posts

When you start bossing, you will. Mace set is like what, <85? compare to 360 for dual ascensions and ~1.2-1.3b for a seis set.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users