DPS rotations

Mazhar

Hi, I'm pretty much clueless when it comes to EOC related content and am looking to familiarize with it.

Can someone tell me:

Ability priorities (assuming x and y are both off cooldown what order would I use them in) , what abilities I should chain, and which I should never use for Dual Range, Dual Melee, Dual Mage and 2H Mage (I don't know how much abilities rely on diff gear but assume ascensions, drygores, seismics and noxious staff);

If rushing ultimates is better dps than using thresholds if all your thresholds are up;

Revolution setups for all three styles;

Which prayer book is more effective for each style;

I'm aware there is some information lying around on this on youtube but seeing that combat is frequently updated, I'm not too sure anymore

Assume max stats/max gear/all pop unlocked

thanks [=

Here is another thread with a few suggestions for melee.  In terms of prayer I believe curses is usually best.  I'm not too sure on best setups for P2P - one thing you do want to do is put Slash/Wrath/Dazing Shot first since they are low cooldown Basics so you want to using them every other ability if you can, to avoid running out of revolution abilities.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

In terms of prayer curses is flat out better if you have the levels.

Deflects beat protects because of added recoil, not they are used as much these days.

Soul split beats anything in normal cause healing by damaging.

Turmoil, Anguish and Torment outstrip Piety Augury and Rigour

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

If your focus is pure DPS, regular prayers are better with amulet of zealots (+16% with Ultimate Strength, Incredible Reflexes, Eagle Eye, Overpowering Force as opposed to +10% with Turm/Anguish).

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

If your focus is pure DPS, regular prayers are better with amulet of zealots (+16% with Ultimate Strength, Incredible Reflexes, Eagle Eye, Overpowering Force as opposed to +10% with Turm/Anguish).

Never thought of that, how does that stack up with consideration of dps lose from sacrificing the better neck slot items though?

Plus how does the 10% boost actually stack up when the ~9-15% drain on opponent is factored in?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The extra 6% damage increase definitely outweighs any damage bonuses offered by other amulets, with the only possible exception being the dragonbreath boost from the dragon rider necklace.

The extra 6% accuracy gain in exchange for target 9-15% defence drop is questionable, and probably not worth it in solo encounters where you need the accuracy, but in a group boss encounter with another player using turmoil etc, this isn't a problem. You could effectively make use of the extra accuracy while a teammate handles the defence decrease. In encounters where you don't need the accuracy, though, the extra boost for damage is nice.

6Ij0n.jpg

Alright that explains why some speed kills used normal prayers and others used curses so thanks a lot for that.

What is the priority for thresholds (most notably ranged), what I mean by this is assuming all my thresholds are up, which one should I be using first, second, third etc until the best of the thresholds is back up for me to repeat the cycle. At the moment I'm practically picking from random and my dps is suffering from not knowing.

It probably depends on how much HP the target has left and strategy as well.  For example for a bleed or multihit ability, you could use it when health was sufficiently low for that to finish it off while you move on to the next kill.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

For ranged I prefer to use snap shot first, then rapid fire. If health is not an issue (soulsplitting Vorago, Kree, whatever), shadow tendrils are great.

You can sandwich rapid fire between two shots of needle strike/dazing shot.

It's good to use needle strike before using snipe, if you're using dual wield.

You need to know how to cancel snipe. The global cooldown lasts for 3 ticks. Snipe fires on the 4th tick. You can launch another ability immediately after the 4th tick from casting snipe. Basically when using snipe, wait until the global cooldown ends, wait one more tick, then use another ability. If you don't cancel snipe manually (and let revolution do its thing), you end up wasting a good deal of time.

Frag shot is great if you can get the triple damage consistently. You can use it as one of the first hits on a melee target, so triple damage occurs when it walks over to you. If already in melee range, you can use frag shot then walk underneath the target, forcing it to move off its spot for triple damage. Against some ranged targets you can move backwards out of their range to force movement for triple damage. This tends to be easier with a royal crossbow/noxious longbow.

6Ij0n.jpg

you can also walk frag shots/combusts for double damage on mage/range targets.  slaughter does triple damage so walking slaughter is the move 9 times out of 10.  with adrenaline pot you can fit two snap shots into your swiftness or wild magics into your sunshine.  throw in needle strikes before each range thresh/sonic wave before each mage thresh if you're using a nox staff.  as soon as you sunshine do dragon breath t get 3 dragon breaths in sunshine

god i miss the 1.2s gcd

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting