Quest list

Dm_fft86

In the past i always was able to mark off the quests i completed so i can see the ones i had to work. Now i am unable to mark any of the them every time i do it just refresh the page and all the quests will be there. I have try using others web browsers by the off chance it was my default browser. Is there any chance i miss a step or something. Click the box next to the quest than use i click on save done.  I am sorry if i post this in the wrong topic i very appreciate the assistance with my issue  

You mean this page, right?  I'm not sure why it doesn't remember quests; I've tried on two browsers and have the same issue.  The adventurer's log lookup also does not work due to a different known issue.  I'm moving this to the appropriate forum and hopefully one of the Tip.It Crew can have a look when they have a chance :).

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

• 2 weeks later...

I am still not sure what the issue is, but if you (and others) have a Gmail account, I have made something to help you out.

1. Make sure you are logged into your Google account before starting.

2. Open this Google Docs spreadsheet.  You will see a list of quests, along with their length requirements, prerequisite quests, and difficulty.

3. Make your own copy so you will be able to edit it.  Use File->Make a Copy and enter whatever name you desire.  You will be able to change this later.

4. Go to your Google Drive and click recent.  The spreadsheet you just made should be at the top.

5. Now you're ready to use the spreadsheet!  In Column A, if you double-click any row, you will be able to choose from 'Incomplete' or a check mark (√). Marking the quest as done will highlight the row in green and add it to your quest point total. If you want to see your hypothetical quest point total after doing a bunch of quests, for example, you can do this. Should you wish to mark a quest back to incomplete, go ahead and do so and the relevant QP will be deducted.

If any of this is unclear I can add some pictures. This is intended to be a temporary tool until the issue with the page is resolved, so I'm probably not going to do extensive work on it, but if you have a suggestion for usability feel free to mention it.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

• 2 weeks later...

No idea sorry, I think the only person who has the coding knowledge is quite busy with real life commitments and such at the moment.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

I tried looking into it... But I know nothing of javascript... I thought maybe my HTML and CSS skills would help... the only thing I could find was the script that probably is causing it. So maybe someone with javascript knowledge can look into it?

Here is it :P

<script type="text/javascript">
        $(document).ready(function(){
             $( "#quest_search_box" ).autocomplete({
         source: 'http://www.tip.it/runescape/json/quest-search',
         minLength: 3,
                    appendTo: '#ui-search-menu-container',  
                    open: function() { $('#ui-search-menu-container .ui-menu').width($('#quest_search_box').outerWidth(true) - 2) }, 
         select: function( event, ui ) {
              if (ui.item) {
window.location = "quests/view/"+ui.item.id+"-"+ui.item.data.seo_name;
              }
         }
         });
         $('[name="difficulty"]').prepend('<option value="all">Difficulty</option>').val("Difficulty");
             $('[name="players"]').prepend('<option value="all">Available to...</option>').val("Available to...");
             $("#quest_search_box").watermark("Start typing and a list of quests will appear...");
                $("#alog_rsn").watermark("RuneScape Username...");
                $("#alog_search").submit(function() {
                    if ($("#alog_rsn").val() == '') {
                        alert("Please enter a valid RuneScape Username.");
                        return false;
                    }
                    $("#alog_msg").text("Please wait... Attempting to lookup...");
                    $("#alog_msg_tr").css("display", "table-row");
                    $.ajax({
                      type: "POST",
                      url: 'http://www.tip.it/runescape/json/adv_log',
                      data: { rsn: $("#alog_rsn").val(), set_cookie: 1 },
                      success: function(data) {
                        if (data.success) {
                            $("#alog_msg").html(data.msg+"<br><br>Reloading page...");
                            setTimeout(function() {
                                window.location = window.location;
                            }, 1500);
                        }
                        else {
                            $("#alog_msg").html(data.msg);
                        }
                      },
                      dataType: 'json'
                    });
                    return false;
                });
         });
</script>

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

• 11 months later...

I think this has been fixed, as I can now look up my Quests, and update ones I have done pretty shortly afterwards.....

Regards,

N.K.

"Give me 100 Space Marines, or failing that give me 1000 other troops!" - Rogal Dorn, Primarch of the Imperial Fists.

• 3 weeks later...

The Adventurer's Log also has to be set to 'Public' for this to work; anyone with Adventurer's Log set on 'Private' or 'Friends' cannot use the look-up feature....

Regards,

N.K.

"Give me 100 Space Marines, or failing that give me 1000 other troops!" - Rogal Dorn, Primarch of the Imperial Fists.

The Adventurer's Log also has to be set to 'Public' for this to work; anyone with Adventurer's Log set on 'Private' or 'Friends' cannot use the look-up feature....

I don't know the details of all the code but I would assume Jagex withholds that information intentionally if you have it set on private or friends. So there wouldn't be much we could do to bypass it, at least not in a completely orthodox way.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

I don't know the details of all the code but I would assume Jagex withholds that information intentionally if you have it set on private or friends. So there wouldn't be much we could do to bypass it, at least not in a completely orthodox way.

That's not a complaint, I was replying to one of the people further up; sorry, I'll quote them next time.

Regards,

N.K.

That's not a complaint, I was replying to one of the people further up; sorry, I'll quote them next time.

Ah okay, sorry for the misunderstanding :).

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

• 1 year later...

I hate to necro a thread but this is the only one I found that has this problem.  The quest lookup is not working again.  I have tried three different IPs, three different OS, and three different browsers in various combinations and none of them are working for me.  And yes I do have the log set to public.

I hate to necro a thread but this is the only one I found that has this problem.  The quest lookup is not working again.  I have tried three different IPs, three different OS, and three different browsers in various combinations and none of them are working for me.  And yes I do have the log set to public.

Unfortunately, I think the quest list will have to be completely re-thought, with the advent of RuneMetrics; perhaps the ideal way would be for an adjustable thing where you mark the quests you have done off yourself, by logging into the site? I'm not sure what else we can do to counter the fact that the Adventurer's Log as we knew it has gone, probably for good.....

Regards,

N.K.