Laptop choice - opinions wanted

vmser

I've been given the choice between one of the two following laptops:

HP ProBook 470G2 - 8gb ram / 256 gb SSD / DVD SuperMulti / 17.3" LED 1920x1080 full HD / AMD Radeon M5 M255 (2gb DDR )

OR

HP Envy 17-j191nb - 8 gb ram  /256 gb SSD / DVD SuperMulti / 17.3" LED 1920x1080 full HD/ Nvidia Geforce 840M / (2gb DDR)

From the specs I've been given, the graphics card seems to be the main difference... Any pointers?

(to be used for video display, runescape, and the occasional other game (trackmania, need for speed series, etc..)

Vmser.png

Here's a read for you. Hope this helps.

GeForce 8400M Series

The GeForce 8400M is the entry level series for the GeForce 8M chipset. Normally found on midrange laptops as an alternative solution to integrated graphics, the 8400M was designed for watching high definition video content rather than gaming. Versions include the 8400M G, 8400M GS, and 8400M GT. While these GPUs are not oriented for high-end gaming, the GDDR3-equipped 8400M-GT can handle most games of its time at medium settings,[33] and was suitable for occasional gaming. These 8400M and 8600M chips were defective.

I didn't find much on the AMD Radeon, but I'd go with that.

More old-school than you know...

battlethingz.png

Proud Member of The Slayer's Guild since April 7th 2009.
Skill Total Goal Complete: 2500 - November 12th 2014.
Goal Total Experience: 338,895,206 - Goal complete November 2nd 2014.
Next Goal Experience: 1,000,000,000 -
Personal Kalphite Queen Guide
Follow My PoP Blog!

^ It's a 840M not a 8400M. The 840 is way better and at least is recent, than the 8400 which is from 2007 lol. 

Even though I hate AMD cards especially because of the drivers, the Probook has usually a hell of a lot better build quality than the Envy. Just for the graphics card I'd go with the envy still though since it's pretty much the same specs, but all in all the choice is yours.