Old School RuneScape "Loading Configuration" Error [Client]

Explarimus

Hi, I'm having a really disturbing issue with Old School RuneScape client.

So first of all I'd like to point out that I have a so called net stick and that's what's causing me problems.

I can play Old School RuneScape on the website, but that's laggy as hell for me so I just need the Client.

The problem is that something is blocking the internet connection between Old School RuneScape Client and my computer. I'm 100% sure, because I have tried a few VPN services like HotSpotShield and VPNium and with them I can instantly log in and play (but again with VPN services I have a 3 second latency). I've also tried logging in with a VPN software and then disconnecting from it, but that also disconnects me from the RuneScape servers. So one thing's clear... something is blocking my internet.

It all started yesterday when I tried to log in and it suddenly did not connect, it just stayed there stuck at Loading Configuration 0%. After waiting a little I got a error saying "There was an error loading the game configuration from the website. If you have a firewall, check that this program is allowed to access the internet." I got a little worried, but I decided to restart my computer and when I came back it worked again. Then I played for a few hours and went to sleep. Next morning I woke up and tried to log in, I had the problem again. I tried restarting my computer again, but this wouldn't help anymore, I did it quite a few times, but got nothing... still Loading Configuration 0%.

I got to say however that my RS3 Client works and I can log in just fine. I am also sure that's it's not my Old School RuneScape config that's causing me problems because I've tried re-installing the Client, creating one myself, but neither of them worked.

I have also had a VERY similar case with League of Legends, I couldn't connect to Chat Service and I never got it fixed.

Would be greatly appreciated if someone could help me out there. Maybe help me fix my net stick or just the client? And yes, I have already tried disabling all of my protection softwares (antiviruses, firewall etc.)

Also, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I have had the same problem occasionally with running the RS3 client. Could you try right-clicking the program and selecting "Run as admin?" This has fixed the issue for me before in the past and it might help you as well. If not I'm not sure.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I guess it might be an issue with using a net stick then? I'm not sure, hopefully someone else has some other ideas :P.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I remember one day getting this error because my Java  version was too recent. If you installed the Java 8 runetime, you should uninstall it and go back to 7.*

Sounds like your ISP (or some setting in your router) is blocking it somehow. It might help to add an open DNS to your connection (google it to know how to) for example you could use Googles open DNS (8.8.8.8)

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Sounds like your ISP (or some setting in your router) is blocking it somehow. It might help to add an open DNS to your connection (google it to know how to) for example you could use Googles open DNS (8.8.8.8)

Try this. If it doesn't work, call your ISP.