Ninja Combat ?'s

karnsy81

Jagex claims combat has neither been sped up or slowed down with the update. As usual, things that come out of Jagex can nearly never be trusted, and it seems not tested by them either... 

I play on revolution. I used to use an ability setup that would never have down time before the update. there was always an ability ready to be used. I was basically using the wikias bars with sacrifice, and my own little tweaks. 

After the update I have substantial down time once all of my abilities que, so this to me says they are queing faster, meaning combat has sped up. I am not having an issue with the speed up, it's whatever. 

Problem is I am now having some issues with building new bars. I was wondering if anyone has done extemsive training as to what some new ability bar options may be? Possibly just throwing another basic I wasn't using before on the end?

Thanks!

Unfortunately the latest update has indeed screwed a few things over, like the timing of combination abilities and triggering them at the right point to make them stack on top of others, trying to get off a threshold when revolution will not let you, saying they're still on cooldown when they're not, etc. etc...

If your problem is that you keep running out of abilities, then a natural extension is to put another basic in those 9 slots, or are they already full? I guess you can tack on another basic and try to fight the system to get off more abilities, but manual may be better, or you may just have to let it use non-abilities sometimes.

It's not necessarily the case that your abilities are queuing faster - another possibility is that the cooldowns are just longer, and they are firing off at the same rate. I haven't done too much combat so I'm not really sure, but I do agree one way or the other Jagex has made it more inconvenient for the time being...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I have added abilities, problem is it messes up my general slayer/bossing bars, no real issue.

And yes, my abilities are queuing faster, and the cooldowns are longer. Problem is, it actually sped them up as opposed to no change.. 

grrr i wish they wouldnt fix what isnt broke

I guess the 5 ability bars aren't quite enough? Maybe we could petition Jagex to add more on RuneLabs! :p

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I guess the 5 ability bars aren't quite enough? Maybe we could petition Jagex to add more on RuneLabs! :P

Even though I don't play RuneScape anymore, I remember F2P only had one bar.  Could you please ask for more for F2P when you go to ask for more for P2P!? ;)

~D. V. "Thinking about avoiding unpleasant uproars..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Devnull, I am quite happy to report that F2P was subsequently given 3 ability bars and this is quite sufficient for our evil multi-actionbar schemes purposes. Did you really think that I had become a masochistic free player?!

Arceus "Remember, assume makes an...well you know, out of you and me." :P

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Devnull, I am quite happy to report that F2P was subsequently given 3 ability bars and this is quite sufficient for our evil multi-actionbar schemes purposes. Did you really think that I had become a masochistic free player?!

Arceus "Remember, assume makes an...well you know, out of you and me." :P

Nope, I didn't think you had become masochistic, and I wasn't making any assumptions.  I had only been around at the start of EoC, and not after as I had left the game at that point, so I've been unaware of changes that have occurred.  I'm glad to hear that Jagex already fixed that little chunk of their stupidity. :-)

~D. V. "I've been out of the loop." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)