Other than the HP cape, do any of the skill cape's boost ability serve any purpose?

I mean there is nothing for you to unlock at level 100, except in the dungeoneering skill.

But other than that, there is nothing.

The boost for HP skill is useful as it allows you to survive in battles a bit more.

But the rest of them, how would get level 100 help?

I'm sorry but I don't see it.

There isn't any use for operating any 99 capes.

You can only get +100 health, or +10 prayer from the 99 hp and prayer capes if you already have full health or prayer

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

You can get a boost say to 100 Smithing for an armour stand to repair stuff I guess, but most of the time that bonus is pretty useless. And there are other ways of boosting Smithing and most skills by more levels in any case.

• Like 2

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Yeah, you can also get a boost in accuracy/whatever when skilling, but it's so minute that you shouldn't even bother, even when there aren't better boosts available.

Not too long after the capes first came out on the jim_vierling account I noticed that when competing for a rune ore in mining the up to 100 usually gave me the ore.

That account and username have been permanently put out of use.

Jimvierling5.png

My Ironman account.

Interesting, but were the people you were competing with also level 99 mining or 80s? There is as I recall a significant difference between mining runite at 85 and mining at 99/100.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Actually if you want to boost life points, another way is to add logs to a bonfire. At your level you get almost a 4% bonus (temporarily), with length depending on the type of log you use. So you can throw 5 maple logs into a bonfire and get almost 400 additional life points for 36 minutes - and further, until that time runs out, you can apparently boost back up to that level using food, etc., if the wiki is to be believed. I don't think this stacks with the skillcape though.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

That gives me an idea.

Maybe I should bring two magic logs with me when I fight steel dragons and burn one of them, and use the other to add to the log.

Would that make me get more HP when fighting the steel dragons?

You need to add 5 logs to a bonfire to add/reset the timer for the bonus, I believe. So you could just do it before you start your trip.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

That gives me an idea.

Maybe I should bring two magic logs with me when I fight steel dragons and burn one of them, and use the other to add to the log.

Would that make me get more HP when fighting the steel dragons?

You need to add 5 logs to a bonfire to add/reset the timer for the bonus, I believe. So you could just do it before you start your trip.

Wait that would mean I would need to chop or buy the magic logs before I start.

Meh, I'll skip it. Besides 10K HP is more than enough.

The God Banner has a 2+ boost in most skills that reapplies constantly and is practical.

For constitution rocktails, brews and bonfires boost it over to relevant levels.

They're completely out done really.

The God Banner has a 2+ boost in most skills that reapplies constantly and is practical.

For constitution rocktails, brews and bonfires boost it over to relevant levels.

They're completely out done really.

Rocktails, maybe but I am avoiding saradomin brew at all costs though.

Why? Well, I'm a knight, and I am not willing to sarcasize (sorry couldn't find the proper spelling, but I hope you what I mean) strength and attack for boosted HP. How would that make my kills be any faster? If anything that would slow them down.

Oh and I didn't know rocktails could be used as a boost, I thought they were just like sharks with more healing. Maybe I'll try using a rocktail sometime.

You're supposed to use them with overloads. If you're good with the timing your stats just get boosted back up and don't lose adrenaline like Rocktails.

Boosting over the limit is very ineffective, though. As it starts to decay. It's very slow but losing a portion of the heal isn't great when you don't have to.