Eldevin - F2P Indie MMORPG

ElysianWolf

I don't think it has been posted before, but thought I share this for anyone interested in a semi-new MMORPG to try out.  It's over a year old now.

Eldevin is a "story-driven" indie - MMORPG that is F2P. Every area/content in the game is available for everyone regardless of being a supporter or not. There are a few pictures at the bottom.

Website: http://eldevin.com - can play on browser/client or is also available on Steam.

Key Features:

• Classless System - can put talent points in any of the following classes, Templar, Warrior, Assassian, Ranger, Mage, and Prophet.. to make PVP, PVE builds etc.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • Story Mode and Group Dungeons - there are dungeons every 5 levels except at level 30. You can get weapons,gems, remenants (used in crafting), and gear. Level 30 has no dungeon because you can craft your own gear set. Story mode is suitable for one person or a small group while group dungeons is meant more for five people.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • Professions - there are 7 Gathering and 7 Crafting skills to train. Some include Cooking, Farming, Alchemy, Weapon-smithing and Tailoring. It is a little bit complex like Cooking, to make Basil Bread for example, you need 2 wheat, 1 basil and table salt. 
  •  
  •  
  • Gear/Weapons - usually most of the gear is obtained from dungeons except for the hat, which is obtained through it's Crafting professions (Tailoring, Leatherworking, and Armour-smithing). Weapons are usually obtained from dungeons or crafted.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • PVP - there are PVP modes like Deathmatch and Capture the Flag as well as an island known as Trapper's Atoll where you can fight other players.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • Quests - there are literally hundreds and hundreds of quests to do. The ones that are really worth it are the story quests, the rest are pretty much "get this,kill x"... but those are usually optional unless you want to gain experience to level up.
  •  
  •  
  • Bosses - there are also bosses to fight from Plasma Lord (PVP zone) to the Hulking Cave Troll.
  •  
  • Exploration - alot of places to see and explore! From the Lost City of Garai to Mythos to The Great Tree.
  •  

Other Info:

In-game shop:

You can purchase EP with real money or swap gold (part of in-game currency) for EP. The ratio is currently three gold for one EP. With EP, you can purchase things like backpacks (more inventory space), sacks, vanity chests, vanity, and potions like skill xp booster which increases exp gain for professions.

However they do have alternatives for those who can't afford EP, which is to buy baskets (simliar to sacks but can only hold 15 items), or bags (simliar to backpacks but less space) using in-game currency. But you still can swap gold for EP too (it gets easier at higher levels).

You can also upgrade your bag or backpack to hold more space.

However while Eldevin offers an option to buy in-game currency with EP, it is not worth it. Most players instead swap EP with other players for gold as you get alot more gold then listed in the shop. This is one of their biggest misconceptions, and I have seen people think you can buy gold and be rich - but that's not merely the case. 

There is also a limit on gold unless you're a supporter then the gold cap is removed. The in-game currency can be used to purchase different things like secondaries needed for Crafting.

--

Random Rolls/Gems for Gear/Weapons:

While crafting or sometimes as loot, there may be a red die icon to show that this weapon will recieve a random roll which could be anything from more DPS to a 2.5%? chance of dealing flame surge which is an aoe attack. This allows to create hybrid weapons.

As for gems, you can fuse gems together to create a better version. The highest tier right now is Glorious.. and it takes alot of resources to get. There are different types of gems that you can socket into weapons,gear. Like Diamond is used for ranged defense, and higher the tier of the gem, the better the stats of it will be.

--

Any AFK involved for Professions?:

Yes, one of my favourite parts about the game. When you farm crops,mine ore,cut down trees or skin animals, you get resources to turn into cloth, bars/ingots,planks,and/or leather. The converting process can be very AFK as long as you have enough space to do so (which is why sacks are very nice to have). I have gone for at least an hour without logging out converting raw materials into cloth - so it's nice while you are wanting to watch Netflix or play a different game. 

There is also an bulk option which makes these resources at a faster rate but you gain less exp. Useful for when making raw mats well below your level, or you just want to train Crafting.

Same could apply to Crafting if you don't want to bother vendoring any of the items to a NPC. If you run out of inventory space, you will drop the "items" and there is a timer displayed and the item shown... if you don't claim it before the timer runs out, it will dissapear.

The only thing that isn't so AFK is a few gathering skills like Foraging.

-- 

Guilds/Auction House?:

Eldevin currently does not have guilds or an auction house. However they are currently working on guilds right now, and is most likely to be one of the next up-coming updates.

--

And here's a few pictures.

Night-time in Nidaros

G4xXJoR.jpg

Temple of the Three Dungeon (level 35)

U64lttA.jpg

Fighting Zephyr in Temple of the Three dungeon.

iAjKdhJ.jpg

• Like 2

Scapin' since September 2007 and Hardcore Ironwoman since October 2014.

I've been playing Eldevin since Beta in 2013. It's an amazing game. However, I've put too much time into RS to let it all go to waste for Eldevin. However, I highly recommend this game!

8/10 - Tons of content, Gameplay is fun!

eVQvMOQ.png - Click to visit our forums.

Founder and Leader of TheKorrupt a Multi-Gaming Community.

For personal signature inquires e-mail me [email protected]. Any non-related e-mails will be deleted and reported.

I tried Eldevin for awhile. There were some seriously screwed up things about it in my opinion.

When you are grinding and trying to level up the skill categories, the points that you receive for doing things actually goes down after you pass the level to be able to do the next thing. The skills are unbalanced and you will literally end up getting 4 points for something that originally you got 15 or 20. Mining coal for smithing is this way, which in turn raises your mining so that mining the higher ores to go with the coal will cause you to eventually lose points on them before you get to the next smithng ore.

The game is that way between almost all gathering categories and the categories in which you use what you have gathered.

You can not play this game as an individual for very long. You will have to join a clan or whatever they call it in game. All the story quests eventually lead to a dungeon that you can not do by yourself. The game will not let you bypass these group quests either so you are literally stuck in the quest progression.

When I played you could not find a group at random because there were not enough low level players and the upper level players would not have anything to do with you if you were not in their clan.

The banking system is a complete scam based on micro-transaction real money space buying. What you get for free is not enough to do much of as far as grinding.

Most of the quests are "Kill X amount of monster".

The only good thing I have to say about Eldevin is that the graphics are pretty good. The trees are way more realistic than Runescape.

• Like 1

Jimvierling5.png

My Ironman account.

I tried Eldevin for awhile. There were some seriously screwed up things about it in my opinion.

When you are grinding and trying to level up the skill categories, the points that you receive for doing things actually goes down after you pass the level to be able to do the next thing. The skills are unbalanced and you will literally end up getting 4 points for something that originally you got 15 or 20. Mining coal for smithing is this way, which in turn raises your mining so that mining the higher ores to go with the coal will cause you to eventually lose points on them before you get to the next smithng ore.

The game is that way between almost all gathering categories and the categories in which you use what you have gathered.

You can not play this game as an individual for very long. You will have to join a clan or whatever they call it in game. All the story quests eventually lead to a dungeon that you can not do by yourself. The game will not let you bypass these group quests either so you are literally stuck in the quest progression.

When I played you could not find a group at random because there were not enough low level players and the upper level players would not have anything to do with you if you were not in their clan.

The banking system is a complete scam based on micro-transaction real money space buying. What you get for free is not enough to do much of as far as grinding.

Most of the quests are "Kill X amount of monster".

The only good thing I have to say about Eldevin is that the graphics are pretty good. The trees are way more realistic than Runescape.

Curious when did you last play Eldevin? Sounds ilke it was before they implemented story mode dungeons. 

You can now do dungeons in story mode and group dungeons is just there if you want to team up. However they haven't added story mode to the last 3 dungeons yet which would be Ascended ones. And yes I agree... finding a group for a dungeon can be difficult to find, and it's something that needs to be addressed.

As for Gathering, you're meant to do the next tier. Because there is really no point in doing level 1 mats when your gathering profession level is over 16. That's why there is a "bulk" option now, so if you're converting raw mats to mats just to do Crafting and you're level 16+ in that Gathering profession... then using "bulk" is better. 

Or can buy cloth from other players too.

--

But yeah.. it's good but like any other MMO, there's always certain issues. I would say that finding a group would be one of the biggest concerns right now.

I've been playing Eldevin since Beta in 2013. It's an amazing game. However, I've put too much time into RS to let it all go to waste for Eldevin. However, I highly recommend this game!

8/10 - Tons of content, Gameplay is fun!

I play both still :P But usually it's because I'm more afk on RS now lol.

• Like 1

Scapin' since September 2007 and Hardcore Ironwoman since October 2014.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...