Runescape Randomly Locking Up

PumpkinPete112

For the past couple days I have had a problem where Runescape (played on the client) will randomly freeze for a second or two and then go back to normal. I don't seem to have the problem with any other online game.

Playing on High Detail (Happens on Medium too)

i5/GTX 660/8GB Ram

Already cleared my cache/reinstalled the client

Any ideas? Its sso annoying

Sig

If you're on Windows, can you open Task Manager and check if CPU/Memory/Disk is being maxed? And if so, if something is hogging it?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

If you're on Windows, can you open Task Manager and check if CPU/Memory/Disk is being maxed? And if so, if something is hogging it?

Yes. At peak I am using about 40% of my Physical Memory, and 3-5% of everything else. Opera is the only process using any significant amount of resources other than Runescape.

Windows 10 btw (Should have specified)

The only thing I can think is that I missed part of the cache somewhere since it seems to be split up into multiple areas.

Sig

The Cache is the least likely suspect as they are stored on your drive.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

The minifreezes are due to the memory on the client being maxed out, and then being dumped. Try restarting the client, or turning down your graphics settings.

Maybe is that why when I displayfps: it goes red?

Even on MIN this is happening, which makes no sense because I have a fairly beefy computer. Could I be a Java (I don't think the Client uses Java, but I've been wrong before) or Permissions issue? I have uninstalled/reinstalled a bunch of times now.

I also just realized I do have a Video Card driver Update, so I am trying that as well.

Sig

Displayfps turns red when it's under 20 (at least on my system).

I'm not sure about why though - just that RuneScape often struggles due to poor coding relative to other games. I would give updating the video card driver a try though, and maybe check other drivers.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I have a AMD 12-Core APU (8 Cores Graphics/4 Cores Processing) and 8GB RAM and it freezes up and crashes occasionally, especially when adjusting the window size.  I think it has to do with the coding of the RuneScape client and not so much to do with your computer.  I've had this issue before and after upgrading to Windows 10 (had Windows 7 previously).  I say just run the Autosetup and stick w/ that...there's not much (if anything) you can do to stop the "mini-freezes".

"He who walks righteously and speaks uprightly, who despises the gain of oppressions, who shakes his hands, lest they hold a bribe, who stops his ears from hearing of bloodshed and shuts his eyes from looking on evil, he will dwell on the heights; his place of defense will be the fortresses of rocks; his bread will be given him; his water will be sure." ~Isaiah 33:15-16

yehoshua-i.png

My BlogScape!